Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took some new pictures and wanted to share. Matte grey body with black roof, exhaust pipes and wheels. I will soon upgrade to either 20" or 21" black wheels. The original color is black.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's plasti dip guys. I went with the dip as it's much easier to remove compare to the vinyl wrap.

·
Registered
524 Posts
It is actually a pain to take it out IMO. It will take you 4-5 hours but it is very durable and protects the original paint. Still looks really good. Enjoy it!

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think it's either matte vinyl wrap (most likely) or plasti dip. Looks great!
Is this a repaint or a wrap?
It is actually a pain to take it out IMO. It will take you 4-5 hours but it is very durable and protects the original paint. Still looks really good. Enjoy it!
Thanks. Yes, it's difficult to remove if you apply thin coats. I had it done professionally and they applied 6 to 7 coats.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I wanted to wrap mine and was quoted 3k EUR ... Quite expensive

·
Registered
863 Posts
Looks like a car from the Transformers movie... :)

By the way.. it protects the original paint and looks pretty, my question would be why do you want to hide your original paint?

and if you want to protect it with something like this then why even have the paint in first place... ???

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like a car from the Transformers movie... :)

By the way.. it protects the original paint and looks pretty, my question would be why do you want to hide your original paint?

and if you want to protect it with something like this then why even have the paint in first place... ???
I was going to get a clear bra originally which protects the original paint. It was not a whole lot more to go with the dip so I ended up doing the entire car. I always wanted to do the stealth grey/ black combo. I plan to keep it for a year and then go back to the original color which is black. The paint underneath will be like new after a year once I remove this.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Awesome to see guys customizing the car...You used Plastidip on the door handles too? Always wondered how that would hold up since it's a moving part and gets a lot of wear...

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awesome to see guys customizing the car...You used Plastidip on the door handles too? Always wondered how that would hold up since it's a moving part and gets a lot of wear...

Yes, it's on the door handles as well to match the rest of the car. It's ok if it's done correctly. I had mine for about two months now and looks great. Trick is to get it done through a pro who knows how to do it correctly specially on a car like Ghibli.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Car looks fantastic! I also was thinking of going the route of having the car professionally wrapped in a matte black color. I really like it! Nicely done.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Just out of curiosity how much does it cost?

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just out of curiosity how much does it cost?
It was $1500 for the whole car, door jams and wheels. I had it done through a pro. It's much cheaper if you do it yourself but I wouldn't recommend it. It looks like a vinyl wrap if done right and is much cheaper. It's applied just like the paint. I also had them apply glossifier over the matte finish which gives it a nice sheen ( looks like paint) but still looks matte. Without the gloss finish it looks a bit dull.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts