Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure how it happened (probably leaving a car park), but I found a tiny black scuff mark on the edge of one of my alloys.

I have the painted 20 inch Uranos as opposed to the diamond polished version. What I wanted to ask is, what colour are the wheels painted? I'm guessing it's grigio mercury (colour code 226679) but have not seen this written down anywhere for the Ghibli alloys.

My guess is based on what colour Maserati traditionally uses for it's painted alloys. Can anyone confirm the colour code? I'd like to get hold of some touch up paint to cover over the mark after wet sanding it down. It's not a gouge or nick so doesn't warrant a wheel refurb.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hi Stick, did you manage to find out what the code was for the touch up paint as I have the same wheels on my Ghibli and will buy some just in case.
Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope, not yet. Trying to find a site which does small samples of paint. Will also get my DA machine out to give the buffing a try.

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
most random orbitbals cannot buff for sh*t.

if you want a real work horse that will solve almost any paint issue get yourself the FLEX XC 3401. its a beast and can handle the toughest of jobs. very paint safe as well since its a rotary / random orbital in one, has very high RPM range. IMO its the best buffer on the market today, that is still paint safe for non professional users.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts