Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Polling the group:

1. Have you been using Ghibli for your daily drive? Recommendations?

2. What is the track record of Maseratis' from maintenance perspective - do they start falling apart after certain mileage?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
305 Posts
The Ghibli is my daily drive.

History is a poor guide BMWs and Mercs now have poorer reliability statistics than Jaguars but try telling that to most people and they will not believe you. Ghiblis are built in volume in a new factory they are not the same as the handbuilt Maseratis of the past.

UK JD Powers Survey

·
Registered
117 Posts
The Ghibli is my daily drive.

History is a poor guide BMWs and Mercs now have poorer reliability statistics than Jaguars but try telling that to most people and they will not believe you. Ghiblis are built in volume in a new factory they are not the same as the handbuilt Maseratis of the past.

UK JD Powers Survey
I agree history and reputation are a poor guide. My last two paragons of German engineering (BMW) have been awful from a reliability standpoint.

My wife has been driving "unreliable" Range Rovers for the last 12 years (she just took delivery of the fifth one) and she has never had to take one in for an unscheduled service.

I will be happy if the Ghibli is somewhere between the BMW and Range Rover from a reliability standpoint.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I picked up mine in December of last year and currently have a bit over 8000 km. It is my daily, errand running driver and so far no other issues aside from usual stuff that was repeated many times on the forum i.e. poor sound system (premium) rattling noise in the back (somewhat fixed), windows, front speaker high pitch during BT operation, whistling noise from somewhere on the dash (towards the left side), acceleration lag. Otherwise fenomenal car, could not be happier, no regrets in purchasing. Driving mostly on the highway (30km each direction), using ICE and cruise quite a bit on the highway and so far averaging around 12l/100km. Using sport mode and shifters in the city;)...Highest speed 160km/hrs...it felt like 90km. Very risky business as speeding law here is quite strict i.e. going 40km over the speed limit might result in the vehicle confiscation and subsequent auction of the same....I love the car but would not wanna buy it twice:(

·
Registered
80 Posts
It's been the daily driver for my wife. I steal it away when I can.

The only problem we've had is that the dealer installed license plate frame rattled when you slammed the trunk lid. I know; the horror. I fixed it with some double sided tape.

·
Registered
277 Posts
they arent the most reliable cars in the world

but you can definitely live with some of the problems

1 - 8 of 8 Posts