Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody. I'm new in this forum and i write from Rome, Italy.
I'v got a problem with my 2015 Ghibli 3.0 TD 250cv: dash and tunnel lights always on when car is off (???????)
Obviously battery fall in few hours.... for momentary solving I have to disconnect and reconnect battery, but at next turn OFF, after turn on RUN or start engine, problem comes again.....What could be the cause? Thanks everybody.... Luca

·
Registered
652 Posts
LOL You disconnected the battery?
Read the manual or do a search on the forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thi is not the same situation. My problem is not about dome light, I know the scroll control and it's not the problem. There's something that remains powered on whet I turn off and close the car. Something that assorbe battery and let instrument panel, tunnel lights and gear lights on. Dome lights are off. It's not the same situation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thi is not the same situation. My problem is not about dome light, I know the scroll control and it's not the problem. There's something that remains powered on whet I turn off and close the car. Something that assorbe battery and let instrument panel, tunnel lights and gear lights on. Dome lights are off. It's not the same situation.
Hi Luca,
Have you found a solution to this problem? We are experiencing the same situation, and it is not the scroll control. Would appteciate your comments. Thank you.

·
Administrator
2,554 Posts
What's interesting is the car has battery run down protection to turn off power when there is a draw from lights, security and etc. Typically, the only time power will stay on it's in accessory mode. Like pushing start button without having foot on brake it will just have power to accessories. Might be a bad switch?

·
Registered
3 Posts
well, what worked for us: we disconnected the battery and waited a few minutes. when we reconnected the battery the car restarted and after that the dash lighting worked just fine. Be careful NOT TO CLOSE the trunk whilst the battery is disconnected as without power you will not be able to reopen... I hope this helps.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi everybody. I'm new in this forum and i write from Rome, Italy.
I'v got a problem with my 2015 Ghibli 3.0 TD 250cv: dash and tunnel lights always on when car is off (???????)
Obviously battery fall in few hours.... for momentary solving I have to disconnect and reconnect battery, but at next turn OFF, after turn on RUN or start engine, problem comes again.....What could be the cause? Thanks everybody.... Luca
I found the same problem on my diesel. 2018 bought in August. All I did was switched them off dobt see why you have to disconnect battey. Thats crazy... I think it might have something to do with how you exit the car. I often have to retrieve something from the back seat, at firdt I thought I must be bumping the light with my head. Not the case. That said the problem seems to have disipeared since I stopped putting my golf clubs on the back senator and the darker nights arrived. It is odd.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same problem with my 2016. I have no solution as well except some anecdote observations:
  • This happens about once a month for me
  • If we notice and take the car out for a few minutes drive and come back, it could be working fine. I.e dashboard would shut off ~30sec after car is locked
  • It is prong to happen if the car was stopped and parked for over an hour and we retrieve something from the cabin or trunk.
  • When the non shut off issue happens, the center display is just the background blue pattern without the Trident logo
  • No matter how many times we lock/unlock the car or start/stop the engine, it is still the same
  • I took the car to dealer while it was still under warranty, they have no clue as well. They claimed they have updated the dashboard firmware, but the problem still persists

1 - 10 of 10 Posts