Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:
Just taking an informal poll and soliciting opinions.
1) Are you investing in a dash cam; and
2) Which one?
I just ordered the Blackvue DR500GW-HD Wi-Fi (32GB)>:D

Steve

·
Registered
49 Posts
That's a nice dashcam. I like that site, too. As I mentioned in another thread, I picked the SJ4000 action/dashcam. It's really an actioncam with dashcam features built-in.

I've been very happy with the quality of the video day and night. I need to shorten the recording cycle to 5 minutes. I currently have it set to 10 minutes and the files are about 1GB each.

I have it plugged into a switched outlet, so recording starts with the ignition, and stops when we open the doors. I could move it to a constant power outlet, but it doesn't have parking mode, so it would loop forever. It does have motion detection, and I wonder if that would work for driving and parking. I'll have to test that.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am looking at getting the ghibli in June. I am playing around with the camera now so I can get used to it. I really like the software package as I can use my iPhone and iPad to view the video files.
I just ordered the Magic Power poor so I may hard wire the camera to the battery or fuse box so I have to either learn how to do it or get it installed professionally. I want it to run anytime it's in the car because it has park mode. If I want I can just un plug it and place it in my pocket if I don't want it to video, say, in the garage. I don't want anything in that car looking shabby so I don't want 12 volt plugs in plain view. I may measure the points from the mirror to the rear trunk fuse box or battery. I think the battery is in the back corner of the trunk.

·
Registered
172 Posts
is anyone mounting the camera? I have tried to remove the plastic box around the mirror but I could not find screws? I am not a screw driver expert but could anyone tell me how to install a dash camera using the mirror power (if there is any power cable in there) ?

Thanks for your patience :)

·
Registered
644 Posts
i just put in a blackvue 650 2channel in my subaru, it's nice. wifi to my phone or house for cloud storage. full hd recording too. 64gb storage card, 1 min video segments are about 50mb each at normal [email protected] my only gripe is i wish there were more than just 1, 2, and 3 minute clip length options.

·
Registered
153 Posts
In May I bought the Aguri GTX200. This is a combined Dash Cam and separate dedicated Speed Camera detector in one unit. Although this device is for use in the UK and Europe, thanks to a separate power pack I can mount it in the drivers corner of the windscreen and not have leads trailing across the dashboard, or anything obscuring the windscreen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jus got BlackVue 900 2 channel, with an external battery. Works great, great video quality. Ended up buying Samsung PRO Endurance 128GB Micro SDXC Card and that has been working without any issues for a few months now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts