Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, for about 6 months, I’ve had an annoying dash rattle in my 2018 Ghibli. The rattle ONLY occurs when the weather is warm and the car has been sitting in direct sunlight for a short time. No rattles in the morning, late afternoon, or night. I’ve taken it to my local dealer twice to get it fixed. The first time, they said they put some foam inside the Maserati Touch Control system but that didn’t fix the problem. The second time, they removed and installed a new center vent assembly but again, that didn’t solve the issue. Any suggestions? Thank you!

·
Registered
636 Posts
There is no magical or universal fix for a random rattle you can find on any forum - be it in a Camry or a Bugatti. The only way to fix it is to have the service techs hands-on with the car trying to pinpoint it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ahhh dash rattles, my favorite. You’re going to end up getting a new dashboard put in. They have a few steps they have to take before they can authorize one. I believe it had to be 3 complaints before it was allowed to be replaced. Just gonna have to tough it out for a little longer and complain about it again to the dealer and eventually they’ll replace the whole thing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rattles are definitely tough to pinpoint but in my case, there’s a cause and effect - - the rattle only occurs when the car has been in direct sunlight. I Googled the topic and found forums from some other car makes complaining about the same thing. They claim “heat expansion”. I was just curious whether any other Ghibli owners have experienced something similar.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Can you, or a passenger, pinpoint the rattle while occurring.

Somethings it is just easier for me to track down then sending to the dealer.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Rattles are definitely tough to pinpoint but in my case, there’s a cause and effect - - the rattle only occurs when the car has been in direct sunlight. I Googled the topic and found forums from some other car makes complaining about the same thing. They claim “heat expansion”. I was just curious whether any other Ghibli owners have experienced something similar.
That’s pretty much the reason we would change them out at the dealer. The problem with handmade components like dashboards is that some aren’t made perfectly. That’s the human error part of the gig.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts