Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a weird one! I have the full, red leather interior. This includes red leather above the instrument cluster on the dash. I have never owned a vehicle with as bad a reflection of the dashboard in the windshield. The only thing that seems to help is wearing polarized sunglasses during the day. My challenge is at night. It's incredibly distracting and somewhat dangerous.

Anyone else notice this?

Solutions for night-driving to reduce that reflection (call me crazy, but wearing polarized sunglasses at night seems like a bad option!!!)?

Thanks!
Darrin

·
Registered
112 Posts
I was comcerned about the reflection too when ordering full brown(cuio) leather extended onto dash but the dealer didn't think it would be an issue.
I haven't heard of anyone mentioning it in the forum to date?
Yet to get car - still in order!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Ray Catena dealer actually mentioned this to me when I chose another car (with tan dash) over his car with all black dash. He said some customers complained about the reflection. This is one of the few things that hasn't bothered me about this car.

·
Administrator
2,388 Posts
I have the cuoio with black extended dash and never really noticed ... seemed not to bother me at all.

Might be circumstantial but until I added the 70% Huper Optik nano ceramic coating to the windshield ... it is more noticeable and distracting in the right light conditions. Although, the coating has significantly reduced windshield glare and heat transmission.

What is distracting to me is how bright the MTC panel is at night ... now the days are getting shorter I need to figure out how to reduce the brightness.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the Rosso on the dash and I have never noticed significant reflection

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have the cuoio with black extended dash and never really noticed ... seemed not to bother me at all.

Might be circumstantial but until I added the 70% Huper Optik nano ceramic coating to the windshield ... it is more noticeable and distracting in the right light conditions. Although, the coating has significantly reduced windshield glare and heat transmission.

What is distracting to me is how bright the MTC panel is at night ... now the days are getting shorter I need to figure out how to reduce the brightness.
It is in settings. If I remember correctly, look for auto dimming with headlights.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have recently bought a Ghibli with a red dash and find that the reflection is so bad that I can't drive without sunglasses on! Maybe it could have something to do with the seat height position and tilt position, why some owners experience it and others don't?
I have my seat to it's lowest setting. If I tilt my seat quite upright then the problem is less but it's not comfortable. Tilt the seat back a bit and one eye sees the black part of the dash and the other sees the red. This makes viewing the road ahead look like 3D or double vision and it's so off putting.
Has anyone resolved this issue yet?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Has anyone resolved this or got fix for it yet as I've recently bought a Ghibli with a red dash and it's really annoying? It might have something to do with seat position which makes the reflection worse?

·
Administrator
2,388 Posts
It's a combination of the dash material and the Maserati windshield UV tint.

I have some of it with a cuoio extended dash and need to make sure any treatments are matte finish, not gloss.

I've gotten used to it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts