Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a oil change at the Maserati Dealer and they recommended that I, "replace intake boot leaking oil". Has anyone ever had this recommendation before? From searching online it seems maybe they get oil in them after a oil change? Although I saw some other posts questioning issues with turbos causing this problem. I didn't have them fix and I am just making sure that this doesn't seem like something I should be concerned about.

Thank you!

·
Administrator
2,599 Posts
I'm not sure how much oil. Wet around area or your find dripping down your chasis.
I suspect if it was serious they would have been more forceful.

Not sure if this is similar experience, but here is someone (James) who posts occasionally on this forum with a potential oil leak from turbos.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks so much for this...it's good to know it could be the turbo:) My car only has 29k so I'm hoping it's nothing serious. They also said I needed a power steering flush, so maybe they are just trying to come up with things to charge me for.

·
Administrator
2,599 Posts
Thanks so much for this...it's good to know it could be the turbo:) My car only has 29k so I'm hoping it's nothing serious. They also said I needed a power steering flush, so maybe they are just trying to come up with things to charge me for.
I had extended work done on the steering rack and some steering components and they bundled a bunch of stuff like changing the power steering fluid which they indicated should be done even though Maserati doesn't show on schedule within 75K miles. My car was around 5 years old and low mileage when they indicated it would be good to change the power steering fluid. Some dealers are more proactive than others based on what they see as failures points; others sadly do more than what is needed for mileage and/or age.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts