Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. Here is some dealer service experience update on Zeigler Maserati in Schaumberg, IL and Gold Coast Bentley & Maserati in Chicago, IL

I have been taking my car in to Zeigler Maserati to fix the rattling noise issue a couple of times. They fixed one issue that's in the sunroof. The other sound that's from the driver seat near the B pillar still rattles whenever I go over uneven pavement or when I step on the gas and the exhaust sound is loud enough to cause the rattling. (this is different from the turbo wastegate issue). Unfortunately, rattling/squeaking sound is hard to pin point. I will be taking my car in the 3rd time to get this issue fixed.

Since it is confirmed that there is an official fix for the turbo waste gate whistling noise. I am getting that fixed as well. I have read that the part needs to be ordered from Italy. So I called both dealers about the fix and giving them the heads up that it will take some time to get the part.

Zeigler Maserati's response: Mr. XXX. After you informed us about the fix, we went ahead to do some research and already ordered the parts. One will be saved and ready for you when you come in.

Gold Coast Bentley & Maserati's response: We have not heard of any official fix for the issue. We will not order any part without seeing your car and diagnose the problem. It is a MASERATI corporate policy.

I understand that dealer service wants to be sure about the problem before fixing it. That is a good thing. But when it is a known common issue like waste gate whistling sound and the subwoofer vibration. Dealers should be prepared and have the parts ready to fix the cars they have in stock or at least cars they sold

Zeigler Maserati service definitely has improved a lot since my first service there. They try to have a Maserati loaner for you if you need one. I am looking forward to their Maserati Independent facility being completed.

Gold Coast Bently & Maserati: Not as updated, Not willing to convenient and listen to the customers, No loaner car. I guess Ghibli being the cheapest car they sell, they probably can't provide any loaner for those drivers.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Dealers in general should take really good care of their customers specially if they want any repeat business. I think they all need to have a class for dealerships teaching them good customer service. Ghibli may be a cheaper exotic but 80K is still not considered cheap. They should always give you a loaner as you didn't ask for these issues.
Hope they get everything fixed for you.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dealers in general should take really good care of their customers specially if they want any repeat business. I think they all need to have a class for dealerships teaching them good customer service. Ghibli may be a cheaper exotic but 80K is still not considered cheap. They should always give you a loaner as you didn't ask for these issues.
Hope they get everything fixed for you.
200% agree.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Our dealer still can't justify loaner but he is willing to rent us a car , it's easy since they are in Wynn Hotel which has a rental desk. Yes Ferrari/Maserati dealer in the Wynn.

·
Registered
265 Posts
YXC145- what was the part number and explanation you gave your dealer to fix the waste gate whistle noise? I'd like to do the same for my dealer so they can get these clips to fix it as well.

Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
It not an 80K exotic -- Are Mercedes E class AMG exotics?? Its a production car and mass produced. A Porsche Turbo isn't even considered exotic.

Maserati's were never a everyday vehicle and most likely pick up and delivery service will be provided. Thats why some dealers have no loaners. Unlike other companies even in service they might only have 4-8 technicians where BMW - Mercedes and Lexus will have 20-30.

·
Registered
357 Posts
It not an 80K exotic -- Are Mercedes E class AMG exotics?? Its a production car and mass produced. A Porsche Turbo isn't even considered exotic.

Maserati's were never a everyday vehicle and most likely pick up and delivery service will be provided. Thats why some dealers have no loaners. Unlike other companies even in service they might only have 4-8 technicians where BMW - Mercedes and Lexus will have 20-30.
I am 80 miles from my dealer and Maserati of Tampa/Reeves promised pick up and delivery with substitute loaner for all service and repairs.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Mangirek, this is great service and that's how it should be IMO. That's what I expect from Maserati. I got my summer wheels fitted and they loaned me a QP SQ4 to test it ... Hope next time I'll get a GT...

Reactions: Mangirek

·
Registered
357 Posts
Mangirek, this is great service and that's how it should be IMO. That's what I expect from Maserati. I got my summer wheels fitted and they loaned me a QP SQ4 to test it ... Hope next time I'll get a GT...
Wow. So How was the QP mate? Are you tempted to move up? Nice way to test these cars compared the 5-10 min pre purchase test drive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts