Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

How many of you bought your Ghibli from a Exotic Car dealer (dealer that sells Ferrai, Lambo, Bently, Aston Martin, etc)? And what's your experience with the dealer?

Please share.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Bought Ghibli from Auto Gallery in Los Angeles which sells many exotics. Did not get great price last January. Service department has been excellent.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Always have provided loaner when car being serviced. Ghibli loaner when available and Fiat loaner when all Ghibli loaners are out.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I bought from a dealer whose primary business is Lamborghini and Bentley. The sales experience was pretty bad -- my first sales person left the dealership shortly after I ordered the car, and the sales manager who replaced him provided no support at all (did not respond to emails or return phone calls). Eventually I complained to the GM of the dealer, who assigned another sales guy who was fine. He subsequently left as well and was replaced by someone who seems quite good so far.

I've only had the car in for service once and they were very slow and unresponsive.

Overall I would say the service has been considerably worse than what I got from my previous BMW dealership, ironically part of the same group of dealers. I do like the car, though, so I put up with the dealership, and it does seem to be improving on the sales side (not service though, unfortunately).

·
Registered
261 Posts
I can share my experience with my qp I have serviced it at both continental autosports, a Ferrari and mas dealership and Maserati of Naperville. Both have their pluses and minuses.

continental are very experienced with the cars but they tend to be more expensive. I have had a few check engine lights that kept coming back and they wanted $300 to just diagnose and scan the car. Mas of Naperville just charged one hour labor for the scan and diagnosis. Continental also seems to be more geared for owners with multiple cars, loaners are not as available and their hours are just like the bank, 8-5 m-f and don't call during lunch. Their parts and service team are out.

on the other hand it seems Maserati of Naperville is more motivated to help has more loaners and is less expensive but their tech just went through factory certification. Io erall itis nice to have options.

I alos should mention my independent guy Drew's garage, great for rutine maintenance and much more cost effective than either dealer...

·
Registered
695 Posts
Bought from Ferrari dealer when deals not as good(Feb). Service is great, long term Ferrari/ exotic mechanics. Service manager used to dealing with Italian mentality.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can share my experience with my qp I have serviced it at both continental autosports, a Ferrari and mas dealership and Maserati of Naperville. Both have their pluses and minuses.

continental are very experienced with the cars but they tend to be more expensive. I have had a few check engine lights that kept coming back and they wanted $300 to just diagnose and scan the car. Mas of Naperville just charged one hour labor for the scan and diagnosis. Continental also seems to be more geared for owners with multiple cars, loaners are not as available and their hours are just like the bank, 8-5 m-f and don't call during lunch. Their parts and service team are out.

on the other hand it seems Maserati of Naperville is more motivated to help has more loaners and is less expensive but their tech just went through factory certification. Io erall itis nice to have options.

I alos should mention my independent guy Drew's garage, great for rutine maintenance and much more cost effective than either dealer...
I had some experience with 3 dealers in the Chicago area. The one in the city is so bad, Both their sales and service rep seem to have an attitude. I didn't even bother to shop there or take the car in for service.

The one in Northwest suburb (sells Maserati and Fiat and GM cars) is fairly new in the luxury car market. I feel that their service and technician are not as experienced. They are trying. But I feel that they are still far behind their German competitors.

The one in Northern suburb (sells Exotic cars). They are definitely very knowledgeable. Took them only one try to fix the subwoofer vibration issue. But they also seem a bit arrogant. I noticed an issue that wasn't addressed when I picked up the car and contact them right away. The service rep told me that they fixed everything and if I still have this issue, I should take it to the previous dealer. He did not even give me a chance to show him what the problem is. I tried scheduling another appointment over the phone a few days later. As soon as he found out it was me, he transferred me to another service rep. I had only one visit to this dealer and had maybe 3 minute conversation with this representative. I was not being rude or difficult. I do not know why he acted the way he did. It was very disrespectful. Their loaner policy is also not as good. I guess when you sell Ferrai, Aston Martin, and other exotic car, you can't really put Ferrari California or Vantage in the loaner fleet. And I imagine most of their clients have second, third, fourth, or fifth car.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Yxc145

Yes I feel there needs to be a bit of a culture shift at the exotic dealers if Maserati wants to be more mainstream. there is a bit of a high class attitude. I have not had any issues with continental beyond their cost and hours but I think they still think all owners have multiple cars and they lack the sense of urgency you may find at the new mas dealers.

There is certainly a learning curve for the new service departments.

My thoughts on this are as follows. use my independent for easy stuff, mas of Naperville for moderate things that my independent can't do, mainly due to lack of sd3 system, and continental for complex items or if they are same price as the other dealer.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yxc145

Yes I feel there needs to be a bit of a culture shift at the exotic dealers if Maserati wants to be more mainstream. there is a bit of a high class attitude. I have not had any issues with continental beyond their cost and hours but I think they still think all owners have multiple cars and they lack the sense of urgency you may find at the new mas dealers.

There is certainly a learning curve for the new service departments.

My thoughts on this are as follows. use my independent for easy stuff, mas of Naperville for moderate things that my independent can't do, mainly due to lack of sd3 system, and continental for complex items or if they are same price as the other dealer.
Good idea.
Would you do the oil change and regular service at the independent shop? I wonder if Maserati will still honor the warranty.

·
Registered
261 Posts
They should as long as you have receipts and use OEM parts. But my car is an 07 QP and is way past warranty. Check with MNA to confirm.

Drew's Garage in Schaumberg is fantastic. They have OEM filters in stock and euro specifics synthetic. Case in point I just had my oil changed and it was about $160 out the door. The dealers wanted $300 (continental) and $250 (mas of Naperville). my car take 9 qts of synthetic and to OEM filter is about $35. They also did a few odds and end for me at no charge.

Give them a shot. Tell them Samir with the black 07 QP sent you...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts