Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Congratulations !

Did you have the choice in the color of the calipers or is it always grey with diesel version ?

Have fun !!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just plain old grey with the diesel!

I really like the sport pack with the 19 inch Proteo wheels.

The privacy glass also looks nice.

Lots of interest as I drove on the Mway and around the local roads.

The dealer told me that a guy who lives less than a mile from me has just taken delivery of a Quattroporte, so I'll be looking out for him.

Had a good look around the show room at my dealership as well. Some lovely Maseratis, Ferraris and a Jaguar coupe.

Very pleased I've got the Ghibli though.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Lovely car! HR Owen St Albans?

I was surprised with the big differences between I.C.E., Normal and Sport on the diesel too.

·
Administrator
2,572 Posts
Very nice looking car. You will really enjoy it.
Like the blue with cuoio interior.
Pictures looked fine ... I just turned my laptop upside down and everything was looked fine (a non technical solution).:)

Reactions: UKGhibli

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lovely car! HR Owen St Albans?

I was surprised with the big differences between I.C.E., Normal and Sport on the diesel too.
Yeh. Ian Cunningham, Sales Manager and Rhys Owens, Salesman - top guys.

ICE is a bit tame, but will save fuel.

Normal seems fine, but Sport is the business!

My brother in law came round this evening and he LOVED the sound when I revved up in Sport mode on my drive. Woke the neighbours up as well!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
The blue looks fantastic - enjoy it! (And let us know what kind of real world mileage you get with the diesel.)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Looks great! Congratulations.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congratulations! Another nice colour combo, looks like UK Ghibli owners have great taste!

How's the ride quality? Have read mixed reviews on this. Also, is there any driveline shunt at low speed?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congratulations! Another nice colour combo, looks like UK Ghibli owners have great taste!

How's the ride quality? Have read mixed reviews on this. Also, is there any driveline shunt at low speed?
Good taste - I should think so!;)

Ride quality fine, but only done flat, M'way and decent side roads so far.

'Driveline shunt' - I think i understand what you mean. In normal mode it was OK, in ICE it was rather sluggish, but in Sport mode it was great. Not pushed her too hard on her first couple of days, but we'll see how she develops when I've run her in nicely (no 'double entrendre' meant even though it might have been implied!).

We're going off to the local countryside on Sunday for some twisty/turnies, so that should be interesting.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
:)

and what about the engine sound ? from inside, outside, with and without sport mode? please tell us !!!:D
Engine sound in Sport mode from inside is GREAT!

I also opened the window as I was driving along, accelerated reasonably quickly and there was a lovely GROWL!

My brother in law came round for dinner and I got him to stand at the back of the car. I started her up, dabbed the pedal a few times in Normal mode and he said, yeh that's nice. Then I put her into Sport, dabbed the pedal again a few more times and he just said, WOW!

My previous car was an Alfa Romeo and it was my first ever diesel. I really liked the car but it did have more of a 'chug, chug' sound, especially when the engine was cold.

The Ghibli has these clever sound attenuators which give her a much better sound.

Some people have said Maserati have 'cheated' by playing with the sound, but I have no problem with them helping to improve my drive experience.

I'll let you know if i have any problems as I put some mies on her.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts