Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For our European users:

I'm just through 1500 miles and re-fuelled again.

The first tank (courtesy of HR Owen!) produced 37 mpg, the second 38 and the third 43.

My last tankful was mainly a m/way trip to Derbyshire from Essex with three passengers and a couple of suitcases. Haven't really pushed it yet as I have had passengers with me for most of the miles so far, but fuel economy has been excellent and performance very good.

Had my letter today from CEO Harald Webster welcoming me to the Maserati family - nice touch!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Very interesting, I collected my new diesel last week & going to be watching the numbers.
Were you using any particular driving mode the most ?.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mostly in normal mode. In sport when I felt I could get the benefit and that wasn't often enough!

I haven't used ICE mode much as it just seems to take the revs down and it's no fun.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Diesel Mileage

Hi Guys
I've had my car for about 8 days and can't stop driving it!. it puts a smile on my face everytime i drive it. I can't seem to stop using the SPORT button.

I'm just coming down to the end of my second full tank. I believe i am getting around 460 miles out of one tank. i may be wrong but that was based on sport and ice and normal being on and off randomly.

When i next fill up i will keep it on normal and see what i get.

Had a bit of a shock when i realise the nav kept a record of top speed!. have u guys seen that!. can u imagine being pulled by the coppers!

I've got to get time this weekend to go down to Elite tyres in Rainham to identify a set of 20" wheels to replace my standard 18".
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Performance car

Essexmaserfan - hope to see you around wickford/essex some day. i haven't seen any other ghibli's yet!
D

·
Registered
159 Posts
Essexmaserfan - hope to see you around wickford/essex some day. i haven't seen any other ghibli's yet!
D
I still haven't seen other Ghibli's either and that's in central London. My petrol Ghibli S is more economical than my dad's 1.4L Golf. Mind you it has benefited from several years of engine efficiency improvements.

·
Registered
159 Posts
How many MPG are you getting with the petrol engine for town running?

(I'm mainly slow speed town runs too!)
Around town you can bring it down to sub 15mpg, especially with sports mode and a lead foot. Cost me 90 GBP to fill up and that was almost 1 month ago. Stopping and starting is what kills the fuel economy. On clear runs you can get 25mpg. BTW, I only drive on the weekends.

Apologies for hijacking this thread slightly and mentioning petrol!

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have been averaging low 30s in town and short journeys but a few long journeys have shot my overall average up to the high 30s.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just returned from a trip to Cornwall, about 800 miles. Diesel and most in ICE mode.
Averaged 49mpg!! Remember that UK gallons.
Fab

Paul

·
Registered
72 Posts
And you have averaged that mileage on single full tank on motorway and in ice mode? Thats excellent.

Tank wasn't full so filled up for return. Was some town driving and stop start on M5. A little normal and sport as well but mostly ICE and keeping to around 65-70mph.

Paul

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi Morpaul
Can I ask how many miles you have done & has you MPG improved from new.
I have done 1100 miles from new, just done a 180 mile round trip to yorkshire, almost all M1 similar to yourself ICE 65-70(except for a long stretch of 50mph in the roadworks) & got 45 MPG.
which I was happy with.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts