Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned my Ghibli a couple of weeks now and loving it so far. I've noticed it hasn't had a belt change yet and I believe this is due at 50000 miles, I just wondered if anyone could tell me what belt(s) need to be changed on the diesel version, and if it's a straightforward job a normal garage can handle?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Hi Dave, sorry for delay, did not see your post.
I think any garage can change it.
You have the choice either to buy the Maserati part, expensive.
Or use an alternative part.
I believe the belt ref is 46510806F G264 Length 2211
I tried to film in slow-mo to read the ref on the belt but impossible.
The Maserati ref being 46328348
Or SKF ref
SKF VKMV 6PK2211

If you have it replaced, could you please post a picture of the belt's ref?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Fred, Thanks for your reply, that's really helpful.
I haven't had it replaced yet - I've read it should only take 1 hour though, so it's not an expensive job at least.
Many thanks for the part numbers, I'll probably stick to a Maserati part for peace of mind (seems to be about £77 online).
I'll probably have it done when it's next due a service, but I'll try to remember to post a picture.
Thanks again for your help, it's much appreciated!

·
Registered
492 Posts
You're welcome.
I try to always find alternative parts for the Ghibli.
I object Maserati charging 100's of € for the same part you can find in other cars at reasonable price.
20-30% extra charge, I don't mind, but when it becomes 400% or more, I object.
80€ for a 25€ belt....

Should you need to know an equivalent part, don't hesitate to ask me, I've done a fair amount of research. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I completely agree, to be honest I didn't realise the price difference would be so much, especially as I'm sure the quality is probably identical.

If you could point me in the direction of a genric belt, that would be really helpful. I tried searching for SKF VKMV 6PK2211 but my car wasn't listed as suitable (I imagine this doesn't mean it's necessarily not in reality though?)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Hi Dave,
Look here, on a a Dutch site, a 2nd hand belt taken off a Ghibli Diesel.
You can clearly see the reference.
Here is one I found in the UK. 2mm longer, won't make any difference with the spring loader tensioner.
One more here

In fact 5.5 times cheaper!!!
77/14 = 5.5
This is when I object.

You won't see the Ghibli listed in any of the compatibility list, as Maserati blocks any supplier from doing so, I don't know how they do it.
It is the same with their filters, brake pads etc....

A lot more expensive on Ebay

The SKF one

For me the 1st links from Gates would do the trick.

I hope this was helpful.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Fred, thanks, that's extremely helpful.

I think I'll end up going with the gates belt. As you say that's a silly mark up for the maserati part.

Thanks again for your advice, it's really appreciated and I'm sure it will help a lot of others too.

·
Registered
492 Posts
You're welcome anytime.

If the belts does not show any sign of crackling, I'd leave it a few more thousand miles, then at ~ 60 000ml ~ 100 000km I'd change the automatic tensioner and the idler pulley.
Here is what I found.
Automatic tensioner GATES T39343 Maserati part Part No: 46330311

On Ebay

Idler pulley 30602011F Maserati part 46328756

This is what I found after hours (weeks LOL) on the net.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts