Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have just had delivery of the Blu Emozione Ghibli with full Sabia fine grain interior I ordered in December. Pictures will follow.

The blu emozione looks great on a sunny day like today.

One foible I've discovered probably only relevant to the UK is that we like our speed in MPH and temperature in Celsius currently this is not possible as it's metric or imperial measurements all the way. I am told a software fix is on the way.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a diesel on order, delivery was due March, but understand this will hopefully be April now, due to a few minor changes, including software to change this.
Be very interested to hear how you get on with it.
How is the suspension ?, I have ordered the skyhook option.

·
Registered
216 Posts
when did you guys have ordered?
I've ordered january 20 2014 a diesel; when can I expect delivery?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have new 14 reg uk ghibli and I have mph and Celsius.initially the temps were in Fahrenheit but it's straightforward to change in settings

·
Registered
15 Posts
It seems odd to me that the most intriguing and interesting thing about the Ghibli diesel is how it has different units of measurement for atmospheric temperature and speed. Surely, the new owners have observed aspects related to the way it drives - or have the car been sitting on their driveways?

·
Registered
852 Posts
i too would love to hear about what we buy a Maserati for-------the drive!! As to skyhook best $3K i ever spent.......I hear the bumps underneath but really do not feel them!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have just had delivery of the Blu Emozione Ghibli with full Sabia fine grain interior I ordered in December. Pictures will follow.

The blu emozione looks great on a sunny day like today.

One foible I've discovered probably only relevant to the UK is that we like our speed in MPH and temperature in Celsius currently this is not possible as it's metric or imperial measurements all the way. I am told a software fix is on the way.
You sure about that, my friend? I test drove a Ghibli from Dick Lovett in Swindon some time ago and I'm pretty sure it was mph and celsius... though you're making me question m memory now...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It seems odd to me that the most intriguing and interesting thing about the Ghibli diesel is how it has different units of measurement for atmospheric temperature and speed. Surely, the new owners have observed aspects related to the way it drives - or have the car been sitting on their driveways?
It had only just been delivered!

Having driven it last night the diesel is plenty fast enough for me and even without the skyhook the ride and handling are far superior to the 7 series I traded-in. I am no audiophile and the basic sound system is good enough for me. Excellent Garmin sat-nav. It has a speed limiter, yippee, both my last two car did not have one and with the amount of London driving I do it is very useful.

So far one happy customer.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Beautiful and Congratulations! Please be sure to update us once you have clocked some miles!! Everyone is anxious to get real information on the Diesel. Also glad to hear you like the base suspension.........let us know how it responds over the rougher roads.........Congratulations again!!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have new 14 reg uk ghibli and I have mph and Celsius.initially the temps were in Fahrenheit but it's straightforward to change in settings
At the moment if I change the settings to metric from USA although the main readouts remain in miles the minor ones such as odometer and range go to km. How did you overcome this?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Looks great in the blue!

Ordered my diesel Blu Emozione with Ciuio interior on 31 Jan and just heard it's being delivered to the UK next week and I should be able to collect around 22 April.

Sport pack with 19 inch proteo wheels and other goodies.

Can't wait!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Did you take any additional options Culverwood?
Are they white painted callipers ?.
The options were:

UK Executive pack which is basically the full high grade leather and mats,
8 way adjustable seats with memory,
heated seats,
space saver wheel,
19" Posiedone wheels,
Tracker,
and the blue paint which they charge extra for.

Standard calipers for the diesel

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just back from my first real drive up the M1 so mostly 70-85mph had it in ICE and did 33.4 MPG. On the roads and roundabouts off the motorway the turning impressed me greatly perhaps as it is smaller than my last few cars and sportily set up but I had great confidence in the cornering by the end of the day.

The gear lever and radio buttons behind the steering wheel take a little getting used to. Good DAB.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts