Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm patiently waiting for delivery of my diesel Ghibli, I'm into my third month of delays now and would just like to know if anyone has taken delivery of a diesel version and would like to share their opinion or comments on the car.
And for my American friends who I know will ask 'dude why buy a diesel?'. My answer is it will be my everyday 50,000 miles a year motorway rep mobile. Weekends are for my 911 turbo

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I just took delivery of my new Ghibli changed from porsche and got say i was a bit unsure about taking delivery due to being a petrol head.
I am very impressed with the car i have had many cars and never wanted a diesel this has changed my mind on oil burners the only thing is you don't get the ferrari noise but does have its own special burble

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's reassuring to know, especially as I ordered the car blind, back in October.
Hope to have it before the end of Feb. I don't think there are many diesel ghibli's out there at the moment so residuals should remain high.
What colours did you go for? And did you add any packs?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am driving my new Ghibli Diesel now for 1 month and I am very happy with it. My previous Car was a BMW F01 730d, so the expectations was very high.

The Quality in the interior is very nice and everything looks high quality inside.

By pushing the Sport Button the car sounds from the outside like a V8. Its the first time that driving a diesel it makes people turn around by hearing the noise of the exhaust.

The noise of the engine is not as nice like the BMW when you accelerate much, but the Sound of the exhaust is so nice, that it doesn't disturb you.

Sorry for my bad english.

if you have any questions, please ask me ;-)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your input, your English is great.
I'm glad to hear that the car has a great sound, I am now really excited to take delivery of my new car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
the sound is great in sport mode i must admit.
my colour is grigio met with a few packs added and 20 inch polished urano wheels looks fantastic but i was surprised how big the car is as i bought mine blind too.
you will not be disappointed my friend.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Good news on residual values of the diesel.

From Business Car "The residual values according to KwickCarcost are well ahead of any rival at three years and 60,000 miles, coming out at 39% when the next best BMW 535d offers 34.5%."

·
Registered
852 Posts
That does not sound right but there are differences country to country. As diesel is not available in the US really cannot comment.............call other dealers as there are many uniformed dealers out there!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
My dealer said that calipers are only in black with diesel version (Europe)... is it correct ? even with sport package...
Here in US, the base car doesn't have option to change the brake caliper color even with sport package. Only SQ4 has option to change it.
Based on this, diesel version may be the same.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Going up ramps in a parking garage with the windows down in sport mode is quite an experience. I feel kind of bad though, because I know others may find it annoying. Such a juvenile thing to do, eh?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I'm patiently waiting for delivery of my diesel Ghibli, I'm into my third month of delays now and would just like to know if anyone has taken delivery of a diesel version and would like to share their opinion or comments on the car.
And for my American friends who I know will ask 'dude why buy a diesel?'. My answer is it will be my everyday 50,000 miles a year motorway rep mobile. Weekends are for my 911 turbo
Hi mate, have you taken delivery yet? I'm from around your way and have also ordered a Ghibli Diesel but have been told June delivery.

What colour did you go for? What dealer did you use?

Sorry for all the questions :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi mate, have you taken delivery yet? I'm from around your way and have also ordered a Ghibli Diesel but have been told June delivery.

What colour did you go for? What dealer did ?
Hello. I'm also waiting for a Ghibli Diesel, May delivery. Nero Ribelle/Rosso, premium-, business-, executive/luxury-, cold-, sport- and convenience packs :D:D:D 20"Uranos polished, premium sound, sunroof, tinted windows.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi all
I thought Id add my two pennies worth.
I've ordered a Bianco White with Cucio Diesel with standard 18's. Its through a really brilliant lease deal hence not spent anything onthe wheels, however it is fairly highly kitted out (except for heated seats!), but as its for 24 months i thought i'd upgrade my self from my bmw 530DM Sport.
Can't wait - although am now being told by dealer its May.
Will update soon.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts