Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the differences between the Ghibili RWD version and the S Q4? For $10K more you get (Ghibli RWD vs Ghibli S Q4):
Turbo vs Twin Turbo
345HP vs 404HP
RWD vs AWD

What else is different?

·
Registered
852 Posts
sunroof, nav, eight way seats, auto dimming mirrors, auto headlights, auto directional headlights, better brake system, heated headlight washers, rain sensor wipers, totally worth the 10K difference considering the engine. Plus read the reivews the q s4 rides much better than the base and sport mode is unparrelled!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had been looking for reviews that compare the two but didn't see anything other than 'spring for the S Q4', it's better.

From a drivers perspective I like the improved brake. Is the suspension different to ride better?

Thanks!

·
Registered
852 Posts
the MY14 Ghibli Pricing sheet which you can compare the two models. Message me and I will send you all the docs I have including the Recommended Build Brochure, Ordering Guide and the standard brochure. I am not sure but believe the base suspension is the same on both base and Q S4. The sport mode changes shift points and exhaust note which from the reviewers makes alot of difference. Better suspension is via either the sport package or Sky Hook. See the threads on those subjects.

·
Registered
277 Posts
etodd covers it pretty well

more power. awd.. some more luxury and tech features.

I'm sure the regular Ghibli is just as fine of a car

The Ghibli S is just that much finer :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
sunroof, nav, eight way seats, auto dimming mirrors, auto headlights, auto directional headlights, better brake system, heated headlight washers, rain sensor wipers, totally worth the 10K difference considering the engine. Plus read the reivews the q s4 rides much better than the base and sport mode is unparrelled!
These things can be purchased as options for the base Ghibli model though, right? Or can you only get them by purchasing the Ghibli S Q4?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Looks to me like the only thing that you can't get on the standard ghibli that you can on the Ghibli S Q4 is the painted brake calipers. Anything you can get standard on the S Q4, you can get as an option on the standard Ghibli other than that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts