Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently disconnected my battery, where do I find the anti-theft code for my car? Quick reference manual is not turning up much.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Funny you should ask this, I had the same problem last weekend.

I installed an amp and when I turned the car on, it asked for the code. Tore apart the manual, etc. called the dealer, late Sunday night and service was closed. Guy on the phone had no idea what I was talking about.

Was going to wait until Monday morning to call, decided to just start the car and the radio came back online with no code needed.

I should add, I never disconnected the battery, but must've lost power to the radio or something when I undid the nut on the post I was using for the amp.

If you've started the car and it is still asking for code, sorry can't help you... Post back here if you have to get it from your dealer or something. If you haven't actually started the car, try that..

Jason

·
Registered
3 Posts
After disconnecting battery my Ghibli asked me the anti-theft code too. I'll try to contact the dealer for solving problem, infact no codes are written on the owner's manual.... :(

·
Registered
644 Posts
two possibilities here- i've encountered a handful of cars that do this on battery reconnect and it resolves itself after a while of key on, i suspect something to do with nav/gps. that has only happened to me on two cars.

number two: more commonly encountered, the radio being put into anti theft can only be resolved by removing the radio and submitting the serial of the radio to maserati via a dealership technician.

i'd put my money on number 2.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Try the key fob routine - nothing on, essentially lock and unlock trunk and doors using the key fob before attempting to start. Then start vehicle as usual. Worked for me recently when I reconnected the battery and had my Ghibli asking for the anti-theft code too....

·
Registered
1 Posts
This happened when I changed my battery and **** me up no end. Just did the keyfob thing and started engine and it cleared.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This happened when I changed my battery and **** me up no end. Just did the keyfob thing and started engine and it cleared.
I know that this is an older thread, but just thought I would let you know that the same thing happened to me after I changed my battery. I have a 2015 Ghibli. I did the keyfob operation as well and the radio was unlocked when I started the car. I would love to know why this worked or how it was found, but I am glad it worked! Thanks for the easy fix.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts