Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never seen anything like this before. Thursday morning jumped into car, outside temp was 75f. Started the car, then proceeded to press accept on the display, I was amazed that when I touched the screen the display cracked from top left corner to the bottom right corner. The display is now out of operation even though I can see the display, it wont go past the accept button, I now have no way of using radio, heating control, phone, nav. Dealer says they are asking Maserati what to do as they have never seen anything like it etc......Not Happy. Anyone had this issue yet?? So far after 3 months I have had parking brake lock on, horn stop working, remote start partial use, trunk opening itself, radio stopped for 1 week. In saying all of the above I love my Ghibli.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
I have not heard of anything like this!
How long has it been since the discovery?

What is the build date of your car? Given the number of issues, it sounds like an early model 2014.

Has the dealership provided you with a Ghibli loaner and is it updating you regularly with feedback/status from Maserati?

DD

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No such luck

Not very happy with my dealership. At first they sort of did not believe what had happened. They took pics and a video of the crack at told me they had to discuss the problem with Maserati. That was Thursday. Now can't access anything and the car systems seem to be doing their own thing, like heater and ventilation going crazy etc. Called service advisor twice today and left messages, at this time no replies. Getting very frustrated etc.

Car was delivered mid January and no loaner so far.

Regards

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
thats BS!

tell them to get off their *ss and have them deliver you a loaner car TODAY on their flatbed truck, then they can also take your car into the shop with that same flatbed truck. the most effort you should have to put out is to call them, not a single thing more.

if they want to screw around w/ maserati then thats fine, let them do that, but at least you need a replacement car in the meantime. no heat, no radio, no AC, no controls, etc is BS. for all you know the electric component could short out and cause something else to fail leaving you stranded along the road.

call maserati roadside assistance if you have to. they will have any dealership of your choice flatbed the car for you. make sure you remind them to bring a loaner car as well. im serious, call roadside assistance. its all included in your warranty, use it 1000x if you have to.

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
also if you are unhappy with your dealer.. call maserati north america.

question, how was your parking brake fixed? do you recall what they did for that?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Unacceptable as is dealers like this for a 100K car!! Call

Karen Hayes
Consumer Affairs Manager
Maserati North America, Inc.

[email protected]
201-510-2369: Monday—Friday 8:30am—6:00 PM, Eastern

She is the rep who is a member of this site and has contacted some of us directly on issures.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thank you for all the nice comments, the dealer did finally responsed this afternoon and informed me that Maserati had given approval and car booked in for Wednesday. I am still very unhappy that they made such a meal out of it though.

Fingers crossed, seem to be spending more time at dealership than anything I've owned for years and years!!

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
They didn't say what it was, but the brake was locked on and I had to just drive and force it to release etc
the EPB automatically dis-engages when the car is put into gear. it typically throws a code when the battery is low.

i was just curious what they did to correct it since mine is coded and no longer works. mine is completely my fault though since i removed my brake calipers to paint them over the weekend. i will get mine corrected though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts