Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been meaning to get a few of the DIY manuals up, here is the first of them - Ghibli Oil Change.

See attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
294 Posts
#9 say "replace drain plug and gasket" wow. replace the plug too?

·
Registered
644 Posts
you're also removing the wrong under body guard. the rear one under the engine, not the front one under the radiator and fascia.

and also: trip to dealer to reset service coupon.

·
Registered
279 Posts
you're also removing the wrong under body guard. the rear one under the engine, not the front one under the radiator and fascia.

and also: trip to dealer to reset service coupon.
These are from Maserati's own service manuals...

·
Registered
294 Posts
LOL! - You're joking right???
I didn't get what's funny? cuz it does say in factory instruction replace the plug, and they even numbered that part.

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
the practical solution is to "refit" the drain plug and "replace" the crush washer.

the washer is not included with the oil filter like it is with most cars and will need to be purchased separately for 50 cents at the dealer or any home improvement store, ie home depot or lowes.

an oil change should run about $85 for a DIY job, $50 (oil), $35 (filter), $0.50 (copper crush washer).. you should record your work in your owners manual and save the receipt showing oil grade.

ONLY USE RECOMMENDED / APPROVED OILS!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I just checked the manual. and seem like replace gasket only. not the drain plug. if they put a comma in between, then replace the plug too. lol

·
Registered
279 Posts
REPLACE
tr.v. re·placed, re·plac·ing, re·plac·es
1. To put back into a former position or place: "replaced the sofa after vacuuming."

I'm pretty sure that this definition of the word applies in context of these instructions...

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
can you please tell me what type of oil we must use
i heard castrol full synthethic 10 w 40
is this ok
look at the 1st instruction sheet. it tells you exactly what brand and spec oil to use, along with the part #.. but here it is again..

pennzoil, platinum euro 5w40, full synthetic.

it must be the euro version as well. the correct version will have a ferrari logo on the container sticker.

Attachments

·
Registered
324 Posts
The Pennzoil Ultra Euro 5W40 is the step up from the platinum. The others are Shell Helix Euro 5W40 and Quaker State Q Euro 5W40. These 2 are harder to find but are the ones in the 2014 manual. Of course these are all the same company.

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
The Pennzoil Ultra Euro 5W40 is the step up from the platinum. The others are Shell Helix Euro 5W40 and Quaker State Q Euro 5W40. These 2 are harder to find but are the ones in the 2014 manual. Of course these are all the same company.
thats incorrect..

ultra euro was replaced by platinum euro.. platinum euro is the ONLY pennzoil product that should be used on the car. platinum euro is the highest grade oil in the euro lineup.

for USA oils, they make a product called ultra platinum, which is 1 step above platinum. however these oils are not approved for use, nor is the ultra platinum made in the 5w40.

shell helix and Quakertate Q-horsepower are not available on the retail market in the USA, you must be a wholesale buyer (dealer)... Pennzoil platinum euro is your only option at the retail level and is what is noted under the hood of the car.

·
Registered
324 Posts
thats incorrect..

ultra euro was replaced by platinum euro.. platinum euro is the ONLY pennzoil product that should be used on the car. platinum euro is the highest grade oil in the euro lineup.

for USA oils, they make a product called ultra platinum, which is 1 step above platinum. however these oils are not approved for use, nor is the ultra platinum made in the 5w40.

shell helix and Quakertate Q-horsepower are not available on the retail market in the USA, you must be a wholesale buyer (dealer)... Pennzoil platinum euro is your only option at the retail level and is what is noted under the hood of the car.
Thanks because I have a place locally that has Ultra Euro and Platinum Euro both in stock. I am assuming that the ultra Euro must be stock prior to the change.

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks because I have a place locally that has Ultra Euro and Platinum Euro both in stock. I am assuming that the ultra Euro must be stock prior to the change.
Yes prob old stock. I have the ultra euro in my garage, but this product was discontinued and replaced by platinum euro at the end of 2014.. Like I said the platinum is the highest grade euro oil made by pennzoil.

I would imagine it's $$$ at retail stores. Check out Amazon you can pick up a case in there for about $35 which is about $6 per qt.. When ordering just select subscribe and save for 15% discount, then you can cancel the subscription immediately after you place the order!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts