Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
The Amazon price for the case of oil has increased since it was last posted here. Got it online from Walmart for a bit cheaper.

Also, where is the oil filter located? Under the vehicle?

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The Amazon price for the case of oil has increased since it was last posted here. Got it online from Walmart for a bit cheaper.

Also, where is the oil filter located? Under the vehicle?
yeah it sure did, ouch. that price hike was prob a result of ghibli owners buying it. as soon as amazon started to see an uptick in demand they jacked up the price.

item #10 in the pictures shows the location of the filter.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Great write up, just did mine following this steps. My car has only 1200 miles but I hardly can use it, so I decided in changing since I own it for 1 year 1/2.

I used Shell Ultra 5w-40 and Maserati oem filter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have changed the oil in all my cars since I was 16yo (now 41). Paid for first oil change in the Maserati at a garage! Because the car is a pain to get under and really just didn't feel like doing it! Garage only charged me $100, heck I would have 70 to 80 to do it my self in material. Now I didn't take it to Jiffy Lube and have a bunch of flunkies changing my oil. I work right outside Baltimore and had HR Motorcars do it. Guy services Maserati, Ferrari and Lambos so I trusted what he was doing. And had him cut those stupid looking teeth off the front underside.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I have changed the oil in all my cars since I was 16yo (now 41). Paid for first oil change in the Maserati at a garage! Because the car is a pain to get under and really just didn't feel like doing it! Garage only charged me $100, heck I would have 70 to 80 to do it my self in material. Now I didn't take it to Jiffy Lube and have a bunch of flunkies changing my oil. I work right outside Baltimore and had HR Motorcars do it. Guy services Maserati, Ferrari and Lambos so I trusted what he was doing. And had him cut those stupid looking teeth off the front underside.
with those deflectors removed, don't be surprised by increasing wind noise.

as an update to this, the part number for the oil filter has changed as it has been update. it is now a complete cap and filter element. the filter is locked into the cap better.

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

as an update to this, the part number for the oil filter has changed as it has been update. it is now a complete cap and filter element. the filter is locked into the cap better.
i saw that the other day! i picked up 2 new ones myself.. you get the whole setup now, filter and cap... and ironically its CHEAPER! :eek:

·
Registered
4 Posts

Was driving down the highway yesterday at 85mph after they were removed and didn't notice any additional noise. The deflector is still there I had just the teeth part cut off. Looks a thousand times better without those cheap looking teeth!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Oil Filter

Is this the correct oil filter? I have a 2014 SQ4.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XNT997U?keywords=maserati%20ghibli%20filter&qid=1455986218&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1[/ame]

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hi Guys,
Why are you still bothering to lift the car, take the undertray off etc etc...

Use a vacuum system, it is so quick, and honestly you leave nothing at the bottom of the sump, a lot less that is in the oil cooler anyway. So for those who are worried about the oil remaining in the sump, DON'T

I have not been under a car to do the oil changes for the past 20years....

Suction trough the dipstick is the way forward.

This is cheap
Mity Vac Driveline Fluid Evacuator Manual Vacuum Pump Transmission / Engine Oil | eBay

This one is best bust requires a compressor to create the vacuum in the tank via a venturi system.
Pneumatic Oil Extractor

Oil change including filter less than 15 min.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Good call, Fedvr.

I use the vacuum on my boat engine but hadn't even thought of it for the car. I think ill give it a shot when due. So much easier.

Cheers.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts