Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks for this guide. Helped me get the oil changed with my local wrench guy; about $125 in parts from the Maserati dealership and an hour of time of the mechanic.

One comment, if you have a lot of short daily drives, it seems like the oil goes bad much sooner than the annual would dictate - it was about 6 months ago since I last changed it, and I was shocked at how dark it was.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I always reduce the oil changes by 2.
ie 20 000km Maserati I do it at 10 000km Oil is cheap you can do the filter every other time.

I don't even go under the car anymore, I use a suction system through the dipstick, 15min for an oil change from start to finish.

·
Registered
8 Posts
A Maserati oil change is a complete rip off. this is why Maserati will never have good resale values. They nickle and dime, and rip you off even on a basic service.

MASERATI WESTLAKE, CA 695.00 for first oil service, Maserati Woodland Hills, 600.00. they take advantage of customers who are not car people.

I found a good euro mechanic. 300.00, include resetting the service light. He has to get the hardware. I will post and he will be flooded with customers. Dealers are slime, even Maserati dealers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
oil change Rip Off

Maserati oil change is a complete rip off from the dealers.

go to youtube and look at DYI. Buy the parts find a good euro mechanic and save 300.00 plus.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Question for the experts: If changing the oil and filter yourself and utilizing the through the dip stick method, how does one capture the oil in the filter before it leaks down into the engine and collects in the under guard?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Question for the experts: If changing the oil and filter yourself and utilizing the through the dip stick method, how does one capture the oil in the filter before it leaks down into the engine and collects in the under guard?
You need to put a lot of rag under/around the filter housing to prevent making a mess when pulling out the filter.
However there will be some oil still left inside the housing which wont be easy to take out but then you will add fresh oil will get mixed up I dont think it will be an issue.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts