Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every review I've read comments on how basically Ferrari-like (need they say more) this car sounds, which to me is more important than the HP itself (let's face it, I live in a congested area and will find 345 HP more than adequate just as I do my 535i's "300 HP".. which is underrated, more like 320-330 HP), however every test is of the SQ4 it seems.

I've asked a couple of salesman who've heard both if there's a difference in sound, and they've both said that they sound identical to each other. I took their words for it considering both seemed to echo reviews in how the Base model is a "waste" and the SQ4's extra ponies a "must", so it wasn't as if they were trying to up-talk the Base models.

Has anyone here heard both? Are the motors different just based off of software tuning or are there fundamental differences that would effect sound, like cams, etc.?

Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the base version (I live in Belgium and as I have the car on my company, taxes are significantly higher for the S and SQ4 versions), but drove the SQ4 as well: no difference in sound at all.

·
Registered
78 Posts
K-A
As you are aware I have a Base car on order--should have it in about a month--but yesterday I was driving along side of a Base car and it had the definite growl. As a matter of fact, I put my window down and turned off the radio of my car just to listen to see if the growl was there and it was.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts