Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

In the UAE we will only be getting 2 Ghibli Models.

The V6 Petrol and the V6 Petrol S.

Both the Diesel and the Q4S won't be sold here.

The Q4 has it's own badge, which is nice as an identifier, but the Ghibli S shares the identical markings as the Ghibli.

So, I used the GranTurismo S Badge to get an idea of what a Ghibli S badge might look like.

What do you guys think?

Mockup

Attachments

·
Registered
324 Posts
Nice. It probably should bear some kind of different badge, but in my opinion the "S" designation is overused and it's meaning varies from car to car, not to mention it's boring. I'd rather Maserati continue its effort to use actual words to distinguish the "sport" models like vittoria or ottimo on the left side of the trunk lid.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ghibli MC Stradale anyone? :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
i definitely think they should badge up the S.. i would want there to be some visible difference between the S and base model.. currently you cant tell the difference btween the base and S model just by looking at the car right?

·
Registered
72 Posts
or maybe S model should have offered some different option on the exterior. CB mirror cab? exclusive wheel? different diffuser?
but I guess Maserati is saving that for MC Ghibli.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea, an exclusive wheel would've been nice.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm with colleyt - I'd sooner remove badges than add any.

Simple, clean lines. That's what I'm after. The fewer alphabet stuff on the car, the better.

I've removed badges from cars before and always thought that they looked better afterward.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yea, an exclusive wheel would've been nice.
agreed.. there should be something exclusive for the ghibli S .. in hong kong, at least the ghibli S has the option of choosing colored calipers.. you cant choose colored calipers for the base model.. but i really would have liked maserati to badge up the ghibli S..

plus, i still think there are too many wheel options for the ghibli.. the 19" wheels should be the standard.. the 18s looks way too small on this car anwyay since it has a longer wheelbase.. maserati's should look more sporty, and i just dont think the 18s look sporty and aggressive enough on the ghibli..

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'm with colleyt - I'd sooner remove badges than add any.

Simple, clean lines. That's what I'm after. The fewer alphabet stuff on the car, the better.

I've removed badges from cars before and always thought that they looked better afterward.
fully agree
If you own a Maserati, there is no need to show more details. I also removed the motor specs badges from all my Alfa Romeo's. Now I ordered a Ghibli Diesel and I'm happy that there is no other badge than Ghibli.
BTW: the diesel is the least (HP) and strongest (Nm) in one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts