Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to pose a question that will be sacrilege for most Ghibli lovers, but here goes:

Are there some folks out there who wish that their Ghibli produced a little less exhaust sound? I know for myself there are times when I would prefer to just enjoy the awesome B&W sound system without having it polluted by the exhaust sound.

So if a person really did want to make the exhaust quieter what would be the solution for that?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm going to pose a question that will be sacrilege for most Ghibli lovers, but here goes:

Are there some folks out there who wish that their Ghibli produced a little less exhaust sound? I know for myself there are times when I would prefer to just enjoy the awesome B&W sound system without having it polluted by the exhaust sound.

So if a person really did want to make the exhaust quieter what would be the solution for that?
Lol... Sell the car and get a BMW or Benz:|

·
Registered
311 Posts
Or press the ICE button

·
Registered
178 Posts

I'm with you, wanting a quieter car. Yes, many like the engine "music" but I bought the car for looks, power and versatility. The sound to me was unnecessary but it's always a compromise. Ordered the double-pane glass for 1 or 2k but I don't think it does much to quiet things down. On the other hand, my wife LOVES the sound.

·
Registered
242 Posts
from an old 2008 study:

Men have been using their cars to pick up women since the automobile was invented, with varying degrees of success. In cases where an automobile was successfully employed in attracting a woman, there are several theories as to why it worked. Some say the woman in question may have been attracted by the display of wealth, but if the car in question is a Maserati, it may actually be because the car turned her on.
According to a recent study conducted by British luxury car insurer Hiscox, the sound of a Maserati engine revving actually stimulates sexual arousal in women. In the study, a group of women were asked to listen to a variety of cars from economy models to luxury cars while their hormone levels were monitored. After listening to a Maserati, 100% of the women showed increased levels of testosterone, correlating with sexual arousal.

·
Registered
153 Posts

If you are located in the U.S then it wont be an option. But I have the Diesel (also sacrilege to many), and in normal driving its as quiet as any other executive car, and if you do want more exhaust sound, albeit somewhat artificial, press the Sport button, and then it sounds more like a V8. Plus I get over 40mpg on a long journey, and as I live in the UK, I pay less tax.
Seems like a good compromise to me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know it's been a few years for this thread but I did a search based on the following:

I read in one of the FB Groups someone asked the Dealer if that last "Jerk" at Red Lights or Stops is normal. I personally always thought it was normal, but apparently Maserati has been hearing this as a "Complaint" from some customers. It's no secret a lot of Soccer Moms and casual drivers buy/lease these cars who are less into "performance" and more "looks/luxury".

So Maserati does a Computer update (which they have as an option), but it kills the performance and the Exhaust is much quieter. It's also non-reversible once it is done (which I think is BS). I'm curious who has had this?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Currently own a M4(F82) Competition Package. The exhaust bubbles come in when the car is in Sport + mode. Was wondering if the Ghibli S will be louder then the M4, as my neighbours are still nice people at the moment. :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
The exhaust sound (especially in Sport mode) is probably the only reason I own a Maserati (actually two).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts