• Maybe

Votes: 2 11.1%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does Maserati's all-new Ghibli have a shot at becoming the next "hot" product

After reading the below, do you think the Ghibli has a shot at becoming the next hot product??

The all-new 2014 Maserati Ghibli is up to take on the big guns.
It's going right into the line of fire in, arguably, one of the most competitive automotive classes: midsize luxury sedans.

This is the playing field of cars like the Audi A6/A7, BMW 5-Series/6-Series Gran Coupe, Lexus GS, Mercedes-Benz E-Class and even Porsche's Panamera. And this is the first time that Maserati will be entering the market with a proper rival eager to gain market share.

We've been closely keeping an eye on the Ghibli because unlike the Germans or Japanese, this car has something they both seem to lack: style and emotion. No one knows how to bottle up "soul," like the Italian automakers. Not to mention that there's a certain brand cachet that Maserati has and Audi, BMW, Lexus, and Mercedes-Benz will not be able to keep up with. Porsche, on the other hand, can compete in the battle of the badge.

All things considered, does Maserati's all-new Ghibli have a shot at becoming the next "hot" product, much like the Porsche Panamera, then Audi A7?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I really believe it will become a hot product, it's IMO the perfect alternative to a 5-series, 3-series, C-Class, E-Class, etc. They just need to hurry up on dropping a V8 in it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The Ghibli certainly has the aesthetic appeal...but will the driving experience, dealer network, and financing options allow the car to achieve higher volume sales?

·
Registered
76 Posts
The Ghibli certainly has the aesthetic appeal...but will the driving experience, dealer network, and financing options allow the car to achieve higher volume sales?
Good point, it seems to be a great car but that alone wont ensure it's success. It's going to be tough trying to sell in a heavily saturated market. Not sure what they'll need but as we get closer to it's release we'll see what Maserati has ready.

·
Registered
43 Posts
financing options are the same as any other car, the dealer network is big enough to handle demand for now(lots of more dealers opening in the next few years)

the biggest problem is going to be availbility, the demand has been incredibly high so far and the car isnt even on the road.

·
Registered
64 Posts
financing options are the same as any other car, the dealer network is big enough to handle demand for now(lots of more dealers opening in the next few years)

the biggest problem is going to be availbility, the demand has been incredibly high so far and the car isnt even on the road.
Hey which state are you located in? At my dealership, I am supposedly the second person who was interested in placing an order.

My dealer has 7 Ghibli's ordered, mostly based out of that Recommended Order Guide I shared. Of the seven, three are bianco/rosso combos.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey which state are you located in? At my dealership, I am supposedly the second person who was interested in placing an order.

My dealer has 7 Ghibli's ordered, mostly based out of that Recommended Order Guide I shared. Of the seven, three are bianco/rosso combos.
Can you find out what the other Ghibli color combo's will be? Just curious to see what color combo's are available as soon as these cars release.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I think so.

It's a nicer looking car in my opinion. The Panamera looks out of proportion.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think so.

It's a nicer looking car in my opinion. The Panamera looks out of proportion.
Never liked how the rear end of Panamera's looked, if there's anything it seriously needs, it's more of a smoother sloping roof line even if it takes away from the cargo space..... more like this....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts