Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer told me when I bought my Ghibli that since our cars came with summer tires, Maserati would pay for half of the cost to get All season tires. A few weeks after I got the car, the dealer found out that there are no all season tires for the 20" Uranos. He said Maserati would pay half for winter tires. I am in NC and winter is over (hopefully). I told the dealer if I could get the tires and get them installed in winter. My dealer is telling me that Maserati will only pay for half if I get them installed now. I tried to reason with my dealer that it made no sense to install winter tires right now since winter is over. However, the dealer refuses to budge on paying for half for the tires if I don't get them installed. Is this is really Maserati's deal or is my dealer making this up? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I think they might be right, as I believe those winter tires are some sort of Maserati exclusive that's not in the market (I couldn't find any winter tire for Tire Size Front: 245/40-20 | Tire Size Rear: 285/35-20 in tirerack.com)
However there are people that are installing bigger tire sizes as you can see in following 2 threads. I think it should be fine installing bigger sizes. You could PM these members who installed bigger sizes to see how they are doing.
http://www.ghibliforum.com/forum/purchasing-orders/2201-need-help-tires.html
http://www.ghibliforum.com/forum/purchasing-orders/2178-got-my-ghibli-sq4-today-3.html

·
Registered
852 Posts
stupid is stupid changing winter tires now is stupid..........I cannot find Pirelli Sotto zero 3's anywhere and believe dealers have a lock on them. my dealer wants 3,195 plus 8.5 tax for a 19" package including mounting/dismounting and storage for three years...........once i check locally without storage i will decide.........btw the half price sale is until july 31

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I told them I would get the tires installed by them so they wouldn't lose out on the installation money but it just doesn't make sense to me on why would I get the winter tires installed when winter is over

·
Registered
178 Posts
This is Maserati shenanigans of the worst sort. I picked up my SQ4 on March 18th with standard 18" wheels but with summer tires. My dealer, Maserati of Washington (DC) said that I could bring the car in and they could replace them for $700 installed with all-seasons. "Maserati is covering half the cost". I said "why should I have to pay another $700 for tires that should have come with the car in the first place?!"

These Pirelli P-Zeros should not be driven when it's under 45 degrees and we've had snow and temps in the teens since I picked it up. The harder rubber in these summer treads causes the tires to skip on the street surface at low temps even in slow turns.
I negotiated with the dealer to keep the summer tires after the exchange when initially they said I had to turn them in. Not happy at all with this unnecessary nonsense!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is Maserati shenanigans of the worst sort. I picked up my SQ4 on March 18th with standard 18" wheels but with summer tires. My dealer, Maserati of Washington (DC) said that I could bring the car in and they could replace them for $700 installed with all-seasons. "Maserati is covering half the cost". I said "why should I have to pay another $700 for tires that should have come with the car in the first place?!"

These Pirelli P-Zeros should not be driven when it's under 45 degrees and we've had snow and temps in the teens since I picked it up. The harder rubber in these summer treads causes the tires to skip on the street surface at low temps even in slow turns.
I negotiated with the dealer to keep the summer tires after the exchange when initially they said I had to turn them in. Not happy at all with this unnecessary nonsense!
I completely agree with you. I spoke to the general manager and he insists that this is their agreement with Maserati. He said they would have to install the winter tires to get Maserati to pay for half. He did say that once I have the winters on, I could take the car to a tire shop and get the summers put back on and he would pay for that. Again a pain in the ass and totally ridiculous but at least they will pay for one of the swaps.

·
Administrator
2,387 Posts
I spoke to the general manager and he insists that this is their agreement with Maserati. He said they would have to install the winter tires to get Maserati to pay for half. He did say that once I have the winters on, I could take the car to a tire shop and get the summers put back on and he would pay for that. Again a pain in the ass and totally ridiculous but at least they will pay for one of the swaps.
Would you share what they gave you as 1/2 price? I have the 20" Urano's and the Maserati Dealer sold me the Perilli Sotto3 winter tires (front and back) for $1450 and loaded them into my car to installed later. And I have seen others on this forum get a slightly better price than I paid. I even called Tirerack who was pretty close to that price ... not available through website and limited quantities for non Maserati dealer release.

Interesting the winter tires look more like all season tires. I bought separate 20" rims for winter and had my local Pep boys mounted the tires yesterday. Storing them in my garage. Total for 4 tires + 4 rims + 4 TPMS + install = $2700. Those young guys had a blast ... not always do they get to handle these kinds of rims and tires for a Maserati.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine came with Sotto's (19" Proteo's) installed from the dealer, but my car was a CPO with only 600 miles on it! The dealer said they wouldn't let one drive off the lot in Minnesota without having snows installed.

·
Administrator
2,387 Posts
That is an excellent price for 20" Sotto 3 tires! If my Maserati dealer had even mentioned that I would have bought 4 spare rims (which I did anyway) and have them install so I don't tare down every season. Things you learn on this forum!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts