Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Major rattling- could NOT be rectified

Votes: 6 13.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've come across quite a few Ghibli owners complain of a rattle mostly in the back of the car and a couple may have even returned their cars because of this and it has been an ongoing problem since the launch of this car and so I was curious to see how common it is. Please vote in this poll and post any comments you may have. Appreciate your participation.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Very small sample of poll results (14 votes so far) to make any meaningful conclusions but half the owners seem to have some form of rattle issues with their Ghiblis which is not very encouraging. I hope more will vote soon.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I never had any sort of rattle. But you know here is the problem, if so many people would say there is a rattle in the car (which i am saying they would have it, not that they are wrong), but then when you sit in your car and you have never had a rattle before, you might feel it as well, since you brain is now finding out and is compelled to it.

For me i never had any rattle issues not a single one and i have tried not to put my head on thinking too hard that there is a rattle.

The car works like a charm and has been absolutely free of any issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I never had any sort of rattle. But you know here is the problem, if so many people would say there is a rattle in the car (which i am saying they would have it, not that they are wrong), but then when you sit in your car and you have never had a rattle before, you might feel it as well, since you brain is now finding out and is compelled to it.

For me i never had any rattle issues not a single one and i have tried not to put my head on thinking too hard that there is a rattle.

The car works like a charm and has been absolutely free of any issues whatsoever.
I think you have a good point.

·
Administrator
2,522 Posts
I don't have any rattles inside the car at all. The dealer was proactive with the dynamat for back deck.

Maybe a little external rattle from turbo waste gate which I've become accustomed ... but not sure if it is normal or not.

Next service interval I'll take it to my trusted dealer and they check if the clip is required to reduce the waste gate sound.

Reactions: Spsesq and Mangirek

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mine is a symphony of rattles, I had my friend drive the car without him knowing of my issue and after a few minutes, he goes.. What a nice car but aren't the rattles bugging you? So I know it's not in my head.

Worst car I ever had, Biggest mistake I ever made. Can't wait to flip this car. looks and nice rumble do not weight enough to overcome to poor assembly of the car.

Reactions: ssipes

·
Registered
123 Posts
It would also be helpful to know the build dates for the cars that have rattles. I'd be surprised if summer 2014 built cars still have this issue.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mine is March 2014!

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
I have driven mine for over 2000 miles now. So far no issues. I just had the rattle coming from the speaker when I first purchased it but the dealer fixed it right away.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After 28 votes (still a very small sample) 1 in 6 seem to have a major rattle issue. Good news is that there is finally fix from Maserati (seen that on another related thread).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I started hearing rattling under my Q4 after around 2,000 miles. The dealer replaced one muffler. The noises came back at 5,000 miles and the dealer had to replace my other muffler. I hope the rattling doe not come back.

have also been hearing rattling from the sunroof cover starting around the same time. The dealer put more insulation at 5,000 miles, but the rattling come back one week later. Has anyone had similar rattling from their sunroof cover and if so, has the dealer fixed the problem?

·
Administrator
2,522 Posts
This whole thing about rattles seems polarizing and not necessarily crystal clear. I think we are all talking about different rattles ... IMO none of which should be in a new car either.

No offense to one of our newest members ... Howie, (Maseraticares), what would really be cutting edge and a real boost to customer service is having a Maserati technical guy(s) who monitors this forum and knows the service facts versus fiction. Recognize you can't always diagnose a car over the internet, but having that technical know how and ability to refer to local dealer / service professional is powerful.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Originally Posted by LAghibliI started hearing rattling under my Q4 after around 2,000 miles. The dealer replaced one muffler. The noises came back at 5,000 miles and the dealer had to replace my other muffler. I hope the rattling doe not come back.

have also been hearing rattling from the sunroof cover starting around the same time. The dealer put more insulation at 5,000 miles, but the rattling come back one week later. Has anyone had similar rattling from their sunroof cover and if so, has the dealer fixed the problem?
Maserati NA will issue an update shortly to improve this rattling and shaking.

Thanks,

Howie - MaseratiCares

·
Registered
666 Posts
First, I want to say that I really like this car. But the rattling is really bugging me. I have rattling from several different items.

1. Major rattling/vibration from subwoofer (3x in dealer and still not fixed).
2. Minor rattling from left rear door lock (1x in dealer, issue fixed).
3. Medium rattling sound dealer said came from Sunroof (2x in the dealer, seems to be fixed).
4. Minor rattling from turbo wastegate (1x in dealer, issue fixed)
5. Some thing came loose when dealer replaced the rear license plate and is moving around in trunk lid (1x in dealer, still not fixed)
5. Major rattling from right side rear deck (scheduled to go in the dealer on 12/3)

I still have high hope for this car and will keep it for a long time if they can just fix the all the rattling issue.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I almost have 1,000 miles on mine no rattling or other issues that have come up on this forum. My build date was 11/2013. Come to mention, I do here something in the trunk lid but I don't consider that an issue.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Smartest Recommendation!

This whole thing about rattles seems polarizing and not necessarily crystal clear. I think we are all talking about different rattles ... IMO none of which should be in a new car either.

No offense to one of our newest members ... Howie, (Maseraticares), what would really be cutting edge and a real boost to customer service is having a Maserati technical guy(s) who monitors this forum and knows the service facts versus fiction. Recognize you can't always diagnose a car over the internet, but having that technical know how and ability to refer to local dealer / service professional is powerful.
The smartest thing anyone has said on this forum to date.

Reactions: Mangirek
1 - 18 of 18 Posts