Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On many auto forums, it seems like most posts have to do with car problems. This one seems to be no exception as I scan down through the thread titles.

The problem is - it leaves a skewed impression. Those who are having no problems tend not to post.

So I'm starting this thread....if you and your Ghibli are doing fine...comment on this thread! :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll start.

1200 miles and only thing I've had is the subwoofer rattle which has been fixed. Yay!

Side note: I was at an event out of town recently and ran into a gentleman who is a mechanic at a Maserati dealership here in Southern California. !!

So I took the opportunity to quiz him off the record on what he's been seeing with respect to Ghiblis coming in for service. He said that all he has seen is quite a few for the sub rattle and ONE for misfiring - which turned out to be a mis-gapped plug. Purred like a kitten when gap was corrected. That's it! One customer has 10K miles on theirs already.

I asked him about Maseratis in general, how they do long term. He said as far as he knows his dealership has never replaced an engine or a transmission in a Maserati. He said Maserati engines rarely if ever leak oil or burn oil. (as opposed to BMWs or Audis he said)

Made me feel good about my decision. :)

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Thanks for taking the initiative to start thread - though I will be one of the first 2015s I too would rather be in this category than that of the early 2014 owners who have struggled through the first year blues and as a result are on Anderson_b76's spreadsheet

·
Registered
312 Posts
Same here, I've only had her for two weeks now, but other than the poor premium sound I have not been plagued by the issues others have had.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Three thousand miles and my only hiccup has been the issue that svelte mentioned ie a mis firing plug, so I guess I was at least the second owner with that particular problem! Other than that very happy and I still believe the seats to be the most comfortable I have driven in despite some of the ridiculous comments from professional reviewers.

·
Registered
852 Posts
almost 2K miles and only the subwoofer issue...............I think you are right that you are not seeing the whole picture.........it is like watching poker on TV where you do not see all the hands and get the impression that you get a great hand every time............First adopters always run a risk............and given the complexities of such a machine hiccups are expected........however, IMO I do not believe it is as bad as it seems as there are many posts of how loved this car is...............if you are a true car lover I do not believe you will go wrong.........and if you have an issue you will be treated with the greatest service I have ever experienced at a dealership and it should be that way........IMO Maserati has accomplished something amazing........providing a driving experience to many who may have never gotten the chance and have included new tech such as the dynamic AWD........This at least for me a lifetime experience.............that I never thought imaginable.....every day I wake up to a cold start and the chance to drive an Italian Stallion.....my only worry know is what am I going to do when the lease runs out!!!

·
Registered
480 Posts
I am scheduled to receive my ghibli within the next five days. I can't wait. I have looked at this forum for months now and put together a punch list to go over with my dealer. He told me that maserati has seen most of the issues all raised by the earlier owners. He told me that as far as their dealership has seen, all or most of the issues have been resolved for all Ghiblis now on the ground here, including mine. I may still see the subwoofer rattle but they ate now checking that upon delivery. As far as items such as the sat antenna, the software updates and premium sound software, these things supposedly have been addressed. I of course will check it all but as for mechanics, there should be few, if any issues on any car that comes to port now. I will update this next week when I get the car but I am so far looking forward to receiving my car and not so much worried about potential issues now.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
I was told that "...premium sound software.." fix is starting only in late model 2015s, which is why I will probably lease a 2015 with B&W not buy 2015 with bad Premium Sound

·
Registered
14 Posts
3300 miles on my Ghibli since January. Sirius antenna replaced (ugly but expect second replacement when new antennas available from Maserati), defective piece of chrome trim around rear door window replaced, and sub woofer vibration repair. Absolutely no mechanical problems at all. For a new low volume production model I am delighted with reliability.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Car is going in Monday for all fixes, parts in. Major problem is sound system and small things typical of most new cars. Nothing that has affected drivability. My service guy says I can have softer pads for brake squeal but to give it a little while longer, we only have 1100 miles. This is unique to RWD. Squeal is only at very low speeds.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Ordered mine today,

Because of the high taxes in belgium i've decided to choose for the 330pk .

Blu emozione exterior with red calipers and 20 inch urano rims.
Nero-Cuoio interior, sportpack, business pack, privacy glass, wifi hotspot, bower en wilkens hifi, spare wheel 18 inch, alarm system and 8 way power front seats with memory and electric stearing wheel.

My dealer said there werent big isue's about de europe version of the car, only a litle bit dust in de paint but easely removed with polish and currently solved in fabrication.

·
Registered
33 Posts
6 weeks and 1600 miles

No problems to report. This car gets more long drawn out stares, and double-takes than any other car on the road, but there aren't many Maserati's running around St. Paul, MN.

·
Registered
114 Posts
No problems to report. This car gets more long drawn out stares, and double-takes than any other car on the road, but there aren't many Maserati's running around St. Paul, MN.
St. Paul, MN?! I live in Lakeville MN and work in Eagan and so far I have not thing another Ghibli anywhere except at the dealership! So I guess that means so far our paths have not crossed. Totally agree about the stares! I came out of Home Deport the other weekend and watched two guys with their iPhones taking pictures of each other by my car. Never seen that before!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Woodbury is where we are that is probably why we have not crossed paths. Ours is Bianco with Cuoio leather, sport, premium sound and package, 19" Proteo's, red calipers, so if you see it that is me or my wife.

·
Registered
54 Posts
1200 Miles. 12/13 build date. Only 2 small issues besides the crummy stereo.

1:Sat radio cutting out, but that is rare.
2: Screen doesnt reset after coming out of the dark (Like a tunnel) and have to manually do it.

Simply the best care I have had in ages, despite its infancy.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts