Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are offering a demo car with only 500 miles (2019 ghibli) For a 65,000 sale price and the MSRP is 88,000

They have a more updated 2020 Ghibli for 101,000 for a sale price of 93,000

these are 3 year leases and 10k miles.. similar interest and depreciation rates

If i get the old one i can probably still black everything out... buy carbon fiber parts... replace exhaust.. pedals.. steering wheel and still have money left over

what would you do?

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Take the updated version
Will be a nightmare to replace all you want to do
Also replacing the exhaust ..honestly all that did it, the car sounds crap .. that's my own opinion the OEM exhaust it is loud and really great sound
Specially in new models from MY 2019 as it is a straight x pipe original .. not in previous models

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just meant the detailing around the exhaust.

Okay maybe ill just get the new one then

but is 8k off the MSRP a good deal? How much do they usually take off the MSRP with ghiblis?

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
31 Posts
I am confounded why you would make modifications to a leased vehicle. They won't take it back that way and you will have to reverse them.

Do a little research on the differences between the "regular" Ghibli versus the GranSport or GranLusso. Also, the "S" gets you a lot more horsepower.

Cannot help on discount. The first option sounds a little over-priced based on my car stickered at $95k and I picked it up two years "new" with 65 miles for $56200.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hard to compare the two without knowing the options on both. Going off the MSRPs you listed, they don't sound like base models. You might be able to do better than 8% off MSRP on the 2020 model. I'd aim for 10% and see what they say. But it really depends on where you are and how many dealers are in your market. The end of the month is coming up, so they might be willing to bargain to get an additional sale on the books. I only had one dealer here when I bought mine new in '14, so I had to shop some out-of-state dealers to get them to budge on the price. You might even save on taxes if you buy out of state. For example if you're dealer is in a city that charges 9% sales tax and you live in a city that charges 7.5% sales tax, your lease tax will be charged at the selling city's higher rate. But if you buy from out of state, when you register the vehicle, your sales tax will be set according to where you live. Just something to think about. And also confirm that's the case where you live, since every state could be different but that's the way it is here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts