Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maserati is doubling the amount of UK dealerships they operate. Currently there are 13, 13 times two is...

Good move to bolster their distribution channel, with the glut of new products coming (mainstream products) demand is going to spike. The expanisons will be Maserati only ventures, currently Maserati shares buildings with Ferrari, The horsemen are not interested in growing their sales and have opted out. Which should be just fine with Maserati, considering they used to only have 2 products, but the jump to 5 shortly will leave them needing more space!

No word on if American expansion is in the cards as well but you have to assume so...

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/maserati-double-number-uk-dealerships

·
Registered
284 Posts
I know Maserati's are popular in America, almost everyone wants a Quattroporte but can't afford it. So with the low priced Ghibli being here, they will need to expand, many not to the extent of doubling the number of dealers though

·
Registered
277 Posts
so opening 13 more dealerships?

thats a big task. are dealerships privately owned in UK? like franchised?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Doubling the amount of dealerships is a big task. When are they to be completed. It seems like that would take quite a bit of work and time.

Maserati surely will not double the amount of dealerships in the US, but we will probably see the amount of dealerships rise.

It's encouraging to see Maserati growing so rapidly. It's nice to support a company that is on the rise.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it sounds more like Maserati is beginning to branch out on their own. Currently the share shops with Ferrari, but with all the new models slated to come online I think its feasible they can support their own network...

American demand has been consistent if you look at the numbers so I assume the growth is going to be targeted elsewhere...

·
Registered
76 Posts
The Ghibli and upcoming Levante SUV will be the vehicles to take them out of sharing dealerships with Ferrari and even chrysler if it comes down to that.
But how long do you guys thing it will take?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts