Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my Ghibli for about a year now and have had many of the issues common throughout the forum. All have been repaired/updated and resolved.

A new hiccup I have not seen which I now have is that my driving modes are not working. I push the sport mode button and it does not go into sport mode. Light not turning on or anything. Same goes for all the other modes ie. I.C.E., M, traction. Curious if anyone else has had this problem?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
325 Posts
Had my Ghibli for about a year now and have had many of the issues common throughout the forum. All have been repaired/updated and resolved.

A new hiccup I have not seen which I now have is that my driving modes are not working. I push the sport mode button and it does not go into sport mode. Light not turning on or anything. Same goes for all the other modes ie. I.C.E., M, traction. Curious if anyone else has had this problem?

This issue has been mentioned before by a member..... somewhere on this forum but I am sorry, I am not sure where :-(

·
Registered
32 Posts
happened last friday night, started car, pushed sports mode and all the lights indicating modes were shut off and all of those buttons not functioning. Lights turned back on after few mile drive and it started to working again.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Not the same but when in ICE mode the message "in Increased Control and Efficiency" pops up randomly on the centre drivers screen.
Maybe the cold weather is causing it. Seems like yet another Software bug.

·
Registered
397 Posts
@ StickBreitling lmao

lol.. To Wife : "Sorry Hun! the buttons are broken, it s stuck in manual sports mode..now it's going be loud all the time and I going to have to use the paddle shift ... the only thing the dealer said he could do is change the exhaust to novitec or larini.. bummer!"

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Brought the car in and a part had to be ordered to repair. Seems it is not as common an issue as some of the others discussed on the forum. Drove the car for a few days before the part came in and the buttons never came back on during that time. Part just arrived yesterday and I am bringing it in for repair tomorrow. Looking forward to having it fully functional again.

·
Registered
47 Posts
This happened to me today. All lights were out. Tried to restart and did not light up. Turned off and left it 20 mins. Called up local dealer and made an appointment.

Next time I started, all lights are back.

I'll observe tomorrow...

·
Registered
2 Posts

I’ve had a 2017 Ghibli for 6 months. Approximately 2 months ago, the lights on the shifter went out and the check engine light came on. Pulled over, restarted the car and the shifter lights came back on, but the drive mode buttons haven’t worked since. Took it to the dealer and the only option they offered was a $700 replacement part with no explanation for the issue.
Not specific to this thread, but I also have the issues others have mentioned regarding stalling during the first few minutes of driving when accelerating. I took it to the dealer for that issue and they said the $1,200, three year maintenance, should solve the problem. It didn’t. I really want to love this car, but I

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve had a 2017 Ghibli for 6 months. Approximately 2 months ago, the lights on the shifter went out and the check engine light came on. Pulled over, restarted the car and the shifter lights came back on, but the drive mode buttons haven’t worked since. Took it to the dealer and the only option they offered was a $700 replacement part with no explanation for the issue.
Not specific to this thread, but I also have the issues others have mentioned regarding stalling during the first few minutes of driving when accelerating. I took it to the dealer for that issue and they said the $1,200, three year maintenance, should solve the problem. It didn’t. I really want to love this car but it’s proving to have more skeletons in the closet than my first wife.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts