Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have this option on their car? i would like to know how it actually works.. do both the driver's seat move back and wheel panel raise up automatically? or just the seat?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Incidentally, this feature can be turned off via the system settings. I asked my dealer about this because my kids will be riding in the back and I didn't want to crush their legs every time I got out!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if i didnt get the 'easy entry' option, but got the 'power steering column' option, would we still be able to set the system so that the steering wheel automatically rises when you get out of the car? or would it have to be done manually?

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Incidentally, this feature can be turned off via the system settings. I asked my dealer about this because my kids will be riding in the back and I didn't want to crush their legs every time I got out!
I had to end up turning it off, my 4-yr old was getting crushed by the seat. It was fine when he was paying attention but if he was asleep and I didn't realize it his leg would be smashed, not good.

Though I did like it when I was using it, too lazy to turn on and off when I know he isn't going to ride in the car, so it just stays off now.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I turned it off too, because each of us was crushed by it at some point during the test drives. Then my son's 9 year old friend was crushed by it. And, even though we seldom have anyone in that seat, I often put my camera bag behind the driver's seat - where it gets crushed. It's OK in the QP, because there is more leg room.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I turned it off too, because each of us was crushed by it at some point during the test drives. Then my son's 9 year old friend was crushed by it. And, even though we seldom have anyone in that seat, I often put my camera bag behind the driver's seat - where it gets crushed. It's OK in the QP, because there is more leg room.
If your kids get crushed by the drivers seat retracting, then what if a grown adult were sitting behind? Especially with the already very little let room in the rear already. Sounds like most people are turning off this system? How far back does the seat actually retract?

Also, would we be able to set the system so that Only the steering wheel rises, but the seat doesn't retract?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Easy Entry is only on or off no option for just steering wheel although that is a good suggestion considering this conversation.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Just curious but do you guys see any ways they can improve on this in the future? Maybe in future production years of the Ghibli.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i think if we can set it so that only the steering wheel rises, it would be pretty good already..

just curious, by no means is it actually difficult to get in and out of the car Without the easy entry system right? so i guess i dont point to add this option to my car it seems?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Now this is interesting. I'm driving a loaner SQ4, and only the steering wheel lifts when I shut it off. It has the Premium Pack, and there is an MTC menu option to enable/disable Easy Exit Seat. I disabled it to see what would happen, and of course nothing moved when I shut off the car. When I re-enabled it, only the steering wheel lifted. I'm not sure what to make of it.

·
Registered
852 Posts
The seat only moves back if it is more than .9 inches from the rear stop. The entire functioning of the easy entry system is on page 89 of the Owners Manual.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I would recommend the easy entry feature to only move the seat back by a maximum of two inches. Currently it goes alllll the way back and actually makes it tough to get out of the car - feels like I am climbing out of a bath tub.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Tell Maserati NA as I suspect that is a software change. Someone also suggested being able to select Easy Entry of the Steering Wheel and/or the Seat.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Now this is interesting. I'm driving a loaner SQ4, and only the steering wheel lifts when I shut it off. It has the Premium Pack, and there is an MTC menu option to enable/disable Easy Exit Seat. I disabled it to see what would happen, and of course nothing moved when I shut off the car. When I re-enabled it, only the steering wheel lifted. I'm not sure what to make of it.
The Easy Entry/Exit system uses a set of predefined rules based on where you have the driver seat positioned when you place the ignition switch to the OFF position, it uses those rules to calculate seat movement to its easy entry/exit final position (Page 89 of Owner's Manual as mentioned by another contributer), the reason that your seat didn't move and only steering wheel was lifted is because:

The Easy Entry/Exit feature is disabled when the driver seat position is less than 0.9 in (23 mm) forward of the rear stop. In this position, there would be no benefit to the driver by moving the seat for easy exit or easy entry.

Regards,
PJ

·
Registered
49 Posts
I tested that at the same time. I moved the seat pretty far forward, shut off the car, and opened the driver's door to lose the retained power. Still no change in the seat. I mentioned it to the service manager today. It piqued his interest, so he put a call into the regional office to see if there is an undocumented change to the function. He hadn't heard back by the time we left.

(I'm probably the only person to read the owner's manual cover-to-cover about 3 times before I got the car)

·
Registered
852 Posts
IN the US Easy Entry is part of the Premium Package which includes Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Remote Start and Adjustable Foot Pedals, so you may have no choice unless you are in a country where every option is seperate.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Since I just had the car in for service, I decided - as a test - to re-enable this on my car, and... only the steering wheel lifts. The seat does not move. I guess others should be on the look-out for this change, as they get their cars serviced. For reference, I had the service done on 3/26.

UPDATE: I got the seat to move during Easy Exit operation by sliding it forward about 3-5 inches. So, I've concluded that the seat needs to be farther forward than some of the documentation suggests, before it will move during Easy Exit.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Did anybody figure this out? Got my car back from the dealer yesterday and my seat does not slide... Steering wheel does move up & down. I have:

- reprogrammed my seat setting several times
- slid the seat all the way forward and all the way back
- made sure my saved setting has several inches for the seat to slide back
- even checked my wife's seat setting (she's 5'4") and it still doesn't slide

This worked fine before my vehicle went in in my same seat position.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts