Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, this is my first post in the community.

I currently have a 2017 ghibli s still under warranty and I wanted to know the best option to increase power.

The Race Chip GTS gains 79+ horsepower and I can quickly reset to factory defaults if I need to take it in for maintenance which would be very practical but I heard it would be best to go for a full ECU tune even though I don't see a great difference in power.

Anyone that has modded their Ghibli can you give me your advice? Thank You!!

·
GhibliForum.com Vendor
322 Posts
Without getting too deep into the claims made on gains by some out there. We can simply say that an ECU Flash Tune on a vehicle that is Turbocharged like the Ghibli is always able to have more control over the tuning to keep it within safe parameters and to produce the most power. This is simply because a Flash Tune is running inside the unlocked ECU which has direct access to the internal processors, maps, etc and a piggyback tuner is manipulating the signals on the outside which introduces delay and doesn't have direct control of the ECU. It's less of an issue on normally aspirated (non turbo) models in our experience but when you add the Turbos, there is more to do and less time to do it in. This is the main reason why we didn't produce an add on product for the Ghibli although, we have done this for past Maserati's with good success. Also most of the Add-On systems will require that you attach at least a wire or 2 in a way that leaves a trace on the harness that the dealer can see which may be a consideration for some.

Have a look at our tune, it works well and has proven itself to be very reliable as well :

Hope that helps and let us know if we can assist, we specialize in Maserati and work hard to get the most from them

Best Regards,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts