Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Below is a compiled list of the current vendors who offer ECU Tuning for the Ghibli. Listed in order of lowest to highest price.

Base Model (330HP & 345HP) Tuning Packages:

1. F1 Tuning - Bench tune, unknown HP, $1000.
2. ECU Tuning Group - Bench tune, +73 WHP, $1495.
3. EuroDynamic - Bench tune, TBD HP, $1500.
4. GSR Technik - Bench tune, +91 WHP, $1500.
5. OE Tuning - Bench tune, +40 HP, $1595.
6. FabSpeed - Bench tune, +74 WHP, $1595.
7. Enzo Performance - Bench tune, +95 WHP, $1795.
8. DG EuroSpeed - Bench tune, +90 WHP, $1795.
9. VR Tuned - Plug & Play, +42 HP, $2000.
10. Novitec - Plug & Play, +62 HP, $2700.

S & SQ4 Model (404 HP) Tuning Packages:

1. F1 Tuning - Bench tune, unknown HP, $1000.
2. EuroDynamic - Bench tune, +60 HP, $1500.
3. OE Tuning - Bench tune, +51 HP, $1595.
4. FabSpeed - Bench tune, +58 WHP, $1595.
5. Enzo Performance - Bench tune, +66 WHP, $1795.
6. DG EuroSpeed - Bench tune, +65 WHP, $1795.
7. VR Tuned - Plug & Play, +71 HP, $2000.
8. GSR Technik - Bench tune, unknown HP, $2000.
9. Novitec - Plug & Play, +66 HP, $2700.

Info will be updated as needed. If anyone discovers that I missed a tune, please let me know and we can update the list.

·
Registered
190 Posts
MRP,

wondering how you order the plug and play unit from ETG? Do you just call them and order over the phone?

·
Registered
524 Posts
German Motoring also has a plug-n-play unit available. Maybe we could also add the Dyno sheets to this thread.

Both ETG and RaceChip plug-n-play units were tested and both didn't seem to be working properly. Now, more people are always welcomed to try them and hopelly get a different outcome.

·
Registered
96 Posts

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MRP,

wondering how you order the plug and play unit from ETG? Do you just call them and order over the phone?
yes, you order over the phone. so far i have yet to see or hear of ANY plug and play module working properly or even working at all.. novitec being the exception since theirs does work.

anyone considering a plug and play box should find out up front if it can be returned b/c there is a good chance it will do nothing for your car. if you do purchase it, make sure its done on a credit card in case you have to reverse the charges when it fails.

will add the dyno sheets to the sticky soon.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Even Novitec is not a real plug and play module. as there is a lot of wire cutting to even get its installed.

·
Registered
190 Posts
ETG No Plug & Play

yes, you order over the phone. so far i have yet to see or hear of ANY plug and play module working properly or even working at all.. novitec being the exception since theirs does work.

anyone considering a plug and play box should find out up front if it can be returned b/c there is a good chance it will do nothing for your car. if you do purchase it, make sure its done on a credit card in case you have to reverse the charges when it fails.

will add the dyno sheets to the sticky soon.
I had a bit of back and forth with Jages yesterday. First of all, there is no classier act than Jages!

Unfortunately, there has not been enough interest for a plug and play device from ETG. Therefore, it remains you must send your ECU out to them for a bench flash. Sorry news is not better.

Mike

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had a bit of back and forth with Jages yesterday. First of all, there is no classier act than Jages!

Unfortunately, there has not been enough interest for a plug and play device from ETG. Therefore, it remains you must send your ECU out to them for a bench flash. Sorry news is not better.

Mike
so jags eliminated the OBD tune? he had it available 2 months ago for both models. in fact he sent 2 units to a member of the forum and both units failed to work and were returned. the entire story is posted here online somewhere.

more interesting is that he specifically told me that his whole reason for creating the OBD box was b/c when he orig did the bench tune for the base ghibli he got so overwhelmed with requests he couldnt meet demand :rolleyes: so he needed to find a way to streamline the process to make it quicker and easier. additionally he said he never tuned the SQ4 on the bench again bc of time constraints and more important projects so the OBD box was the only way to get a tune for the SQ4. his largest customers are dealers and rather than remove ECU's and tune on the bench, now the dealers were able to stock and hold inventory on his OBD boxes and sell them retail right at the dealership. this is not hearsay, he told me this personally during a phone conversation.

im under the impression he tells a lot of people, a lot of different things. i wonder what the **** he even sent that customer a few months back, considering there is no demand for an OBD box for him to create? lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
so jags eliminated the OBD tune? he had it available 2 months ago for both models. in fact he sent 2 units to a member of the forum and both units failed to work and were returned. the entire story is posted here online somewhere.

more interesting is that he specifically told me that his whole reason for creating the OBD box was b/c when he orig did the bench tune for the base ghibli he got so overwhelmed with requests he couldnt meet demand :rolleyes: so he needed to find a way to streamline the process to make it quicker and easier. additionally he said he never tuned the SQ4 on the bench again bc of time constraints and more important projects so the OBD box was the only way to get a tune for the SQ4. his largest customers are dealers and rather than remove ECU's and tune on the bench, now the dealers were able to stock and hold inventory on his OBD boxes and sell them retail right at the dealership. this is not hearsay, he told me this personally during a phone conversation.

im under the impression he tells a lot of people, a lot of different things. i wonder what the **** he even sent that customer a few months back, considering there is no demand for an OBD box for him to create? lol
He told me the same things.. hard to believe how things have changed so quickly.

I was hoping my return to the forums would result in one of these tunes showing more promise.. seems like we're still waiting around for something to show up that will actually work (and not cost way too much).

Mrpa, have you heard anything else about the Racechip recently? I know Gus didn't have success with it, but hadn't heard from anyone else.

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He told me the same things.. hard to believe how things have changed so quickly.

I was hoping my return to the forums would result in one of these tunes showing more promise.. seems like we're still waiting around for something to show up that will actually work (and not cost way too much).

Mrpa, have you heard anything else about the Racechip recently? I know Gus didn't have success with it, but hadn't heard from anyone else.
no to racechip.. enzo will be doing my car. i had an appt with him last week to have the car tuned but had to cancel it due to some last minute R&D with another vendor. i know enzo tuned the sq4 successfully and he cracked the ECU on the base model last week using another forum members car, which makes me happy bc now i will only need to be there for 2 hours vs. the entire day!

·
Administrator
2,326 Posts
no to racechip.. enzo will be doing my car. i had an appt with him last week to have the car tuned but had to cancel it due to some last minute R&D with another vendor. i know enzo tuned the sq4 successfully and he cracked the ECU on the base model last week using another forum members car, which makes me happy bc now i will only need to be there for 2 hours vs. the entire day!
Interested to hear how ENZO works out for you. I thought they had a good track record, equipment and success with the Ghibli SQ4. Reached out to get some info and Chris was pretty responsive and willing to support the ENZO tune. I was also concerned what would happen if Maserati dealer changed the ECU during one of their campaigns would ENZO reapply the tune. Its a 3 hour drive for me ... so would plan to hang out in possible.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Interested to hear how ENZO works out for you. I thought they had a good track record, equipment and success with the Ghibli SQ4. Reached out to get some info and Chris was pretty responsive and willing to support the ENZO tune. I was also concerned what would happen if Maserati dealer changed the ECU during one of their campaigns would ENZO reapply the tune. Its a 3 hour drive for me ... so would plan to hang out in possible.
We would gladly reinstall the tune for free in the event of a dealer updating the ECU. :)

·
Administrator
2,326 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Im really looking forward for opinions and even before and after dynos, im so ready for the tune but i want to know that you are investing in something that works. if its really giving 77whp that would be 500hp:D

·
Administrator
2,326 Posts
Interested to hear. How many folks had their Ghibli (Base or SQ4) tuned and if your satisfied with the results, (with or without the dyno's).

It appears there is plenty of interest but few documented Ghibli owners having completed the tune.

Is there lack of proven tunes?
Concerns on invalidating engine warranty?
Distance to a tuner or not comfortable removing ECU and mailing in without having before or after dyno.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Enzo here is the only one I was considered for the tune, cuz they have a real Dyno sheet and video of the car getting tune.
but distance is the problem. I don't want to remove the ECU by myself, ship it for tune, then do it again over and over every time I visit dealer for service :(

·
Administrator
2,326 Posts
I'm expecting that unless there is an engine or transmission problem / warning light you wouldn't do anything and leave the ENZO tune in place for annual service.

If something happens, your right you would need to pull the ECU and ship back to ENZO.

I do agree ... I think Enzo is leading the pack on the Ghibli (SQ4) so far based on proven track record with other car, shared data and good customer responsiveness.

·
Administrator
2,326 Posts
I just wanted add the Enzo team are real professionals (IMO).

They were very responsive to my questions and needs and showed me how straightforward it is to remove and ship the ECU if you are not close enough to their LI facility.

I had the opportunity to drive an Enzo tuned SQ4 this week, (they posted mainline dyno results/video for an SQ4 on their website), and will say it made a very noticeable improvement in performance over my SQ4 with factory settings.

The around town drive feels normal, but once you start pressing the accelerator down you really feel the torque pull and accelerate the car forward. The shift pattern is fast, crisp and tight in auto modes and manual is more aggressive, (and nice sound too).

I would think the potential improvement on the RWD Ghibli could be even better not having the AWD loss factor.

Nice job by Enzo on the Ghibli SQ4 tune.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts