Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
:D the reviews are all rolling in! So exciting. Gonna re-read them all tonight in bed before I sleep

If there's an area where Maserati cut costs to hit a price point, it's in the Ghibli's cabin. Sure, there's leather everywhere, but it's mostly unpadded and not the expensive-feeling, buttery-soft variety. There's a sumptuousness missing, as well as a lack of over-the-top Italian styling.

The wood trim looks nice enough, but run your finger along it and you'll find the occasional sharp edge. Then there are the Chrysler parts-bin window switches, and a climate control layout that looks pedestrian.
hahaha universal consensus about the interior. but hey, it's Maserati's first foray into mass market. By year 4/5 let's hope for something comparable to the German's.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:D the reviews are all rolling in! So exciting. Gonna re-read them all tonight in bed before I sleep

hahaha universal consensus about the interior. but hey, it's Maserati's first foray into mass market. By year 4/5 let's hope for something comparable to the German's.
Yes, it is so exciting to have all the reviews! I will end up spending hours reading and then re-reading while I wait for the Ghibli.

Also, I really don't agree with the various comments I have read online regarding the Chrysler window switches. Those same switches are also used in Mercedes-Benzes (like ML Class I believe) yet you don't hear about cheap comments re the window switches in those vehicles. The switchgear may not be up to Audi standards, but my point is that the quality is not totally out of place.

·
Registered
284 Posts
for some reason i wasn't expecting access to the trunk from the cabin through a folding rear seat, glad to see that Maserati added it, as mentioned in the article:

60/40-split folding rear seat has a usefully large pass-through.

·
Registered
9 Posts
for some reason i wasn't expecting access to the trunk from the cabin through a folding rear seat, glad to see that Maserati added it, as mentioned in the article:
Have any of the articles so far captured a photo of this? I loved the versatility of the folding rear seat in my Saab 9-5.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Also, I really don't agree with the various comments I have read online regarding the Chrysler window switches. Those same switches are also used in Mercedes-Benzes (like ML Class I believe) yet you don't hear about cheap comments re the window switches in those vehicles. The switchgear may not be up to Audi standards, but my point is that the quality is not totally out of place.
wow awesome info, totally didn't know that, thanks for sharing

I totally missed that! that makes things much more convenient!!

Have any of the articles so far captured a photo of this? I loved the versatility of the folding rear seat in my Saab 9-5.
+1 to a picture!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Harry Metcalfe's video review for EVO Magazine has a short clip.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Folding rear seat comes in handy a lot even better would be a folding rear seat with a small opening in the seat to access the rear. sure beats having to tell your rear seat passengers to get out to fold the rear seat down depending on what you need

1 - 10 of 10 Posts