Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All I was driving home and the engine management light came on. I scanned it and this it what it says. Does anyone have any ideas. There seems to be an actuator kit and an EGR valve kit, has anyone experienced this on a euro 6 2016 diesel? Fred VR is the knower of most things diesel, so if Fred or anyone else knows anything about this issue, please let me know. Reader as below thanks Jon

============1==============
P245B(00)
Raw code: 245B00
ECU: Engine control unit
Status: Pending, Confirmed, Test failed since last DTC clear, Test not completed during this operation cycle
OBDII: Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) cooler bypass valve - control circuit range/performance

============2==============
P2457(00)
Raw code: 245700
ECU: Engine control unit[Archive (inactive)]
Status: Test failed since last DTC clear, Test not completed during this operation cycle
OBDII: Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) cooling system - performance problem

============3==============
P1D30(00)
Raw code: 1D3000
Status: Pending, Confirmed, Test failed since last DTC clear, Test not completed during this operation cycle, Warning indicator requested

============4==============
B1032(00)
Raw code: 903200

============5==============
P1D30
Raw code: 1D30

============6==============
P1D30

============7==============
P1D30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
599 Posts
Hi Jon,

Sorry for the delay in answering.

I never had this issue as my EGR is de-activated by remap.

It could mean 2 things:
The temperature sensor in the EGR circuit is faulty and gives you the error as the ECU thinks the EGR are too hot.
The cooling circuit is blocked, but unlikely.

There is also the possibility of the little pneumatic controller before the EGR valve is faulty or the vacuum hose is cracked.

Look here, it shows you the actuator I'm talking about.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Fred sorry about the late reply. My garage is going to look at it next week but they think like you it’s the sensor and they have a more sophisticated scanner that said that also. Question : if I got an EGR delete do you have to blank it off and would that solve my issue, whilst adding a more ooomph which would be welcome off the line. Thanks Jon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
599 Posts
Hi Jon,
Sorry for the delay, not been on the forum this Week-end, on top I'm in the States right now +6hrs.
No you don't have to blank it off, but you can if you want, makes no difference, I tested on mine.
But it will not resolve your temperature sensor issue.
A bit of OOMPH with a nice remap is really pleasant, she becomes a different car.

Blocking the EGR will eventually clean the inlet manifold, it takes a while though, I remapped mine at 17 000km, by 50 000 the inlet was quite clean, at 60 000km it is now back to original cleanliness. No soot left at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts