Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On 2018 S Granlusso. After touch-free car wash my volume adjuster in the middle console stopped working. The first time it happened it fixed itself after the car dried out but after the second time it's now permanently dead. I found out I can adjust the volume only through the back of the steering wheel. Also the controls for the AC are not working. The only way I can control it, is through the infotainment screen. Has anybody else experienced those issues?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I looked in the manual for the fuse that controls those but couldn't find it. Does anybody know which one it is so I can spare myself a trip to the dealership? Thank you much guys!

·
Registered
628 Posts
I doubt this is linked to the car wash, unless you did someting like this:
Your car is under warranty, contact your dealer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I doubt this is linked to the car wash, unless you did someting like this:
Your car is under warranty, contact your dealer.
Nothing like that. Stayed in the car for like 2 minutes, the machine sprayed it will water and soup and dried it. Nothing extreme.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
do you have a sunroof ? sometimes water infiltrate by the joints and the drainage is blocked ( 4 points of drainage) and water runs to the doom lights provoking a mess in the electronics

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do you have a sunroof ? sometimes water infiltrate by the joints and the drainage is blocked ( 4 points of drainage) and water runs to the doom lights provoking a mess in the electronics
But I have my car wrapped. So maybe something is blocked indeed.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I washed the car for the first time over the weekend, using a powerwasher.

When spraying near the doors, I noticed the blinkers kept flashing.
Wasn't sure why, but after thinking about it, could it be the water setting off the sensors on the door handles? (i.e. car locking/unlocking)

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
yes it is when it touches the handles, you have the windows going a bit down as when you open or close the door to

the worst it happen to me was the trunk opening by himself when I was washing the lower part of the rear bumper, there is a kick sensor where you open the trunk by showing your feet under the bumper.
so now I lock the car before I wash it - always by hand, and no problem with the handles detection or anything else

·
Registered
55 Posts
I washed the car for the first time over the weekend, using a powerwasher.

When spraying near the doors, I noticed the blinkers kept flashing.
Wasn't sure why, but after thinking about it, could it be the water setting off the sensors on the door handles? (i.e. car locking/unlocking)
It's best to put the key fob far enough away that it doesn't trigger the sensors. The windows also move down every time it unlocks so water could get in through there. Not 100% sure about that though but I always play it safe.

·
Registered
628 Posts
But I have my car wrapped. So maybe something is blocked indeed.

Even if it's wrapped, and drains blocked (are the doors shuts and returns also wrapped?), it should affect other systems first, not the infotainment.

It's best to put the key fob far enough away that it doesn't trigger the sensors. The windows also move down every time it unlocks so water could get in through there. Not 100% sure about that though but I always play it safe.

Just disable passive entry when you wash the car (actually you should have it disabled all the time for safety imo) and stay far enough with the keyfob so it won't pre-drop the windows.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same Issue Post Car Wash

I got a car wash last week and when I started my car (2017 Ghibli SQ4) the MTC was stuck rapidly changing radio stations, AC controls, phone features, etc... Stopped in at dealership and they disconnected the battery and reconnected and that fixed the problem. Went back to car wash today and the touchscreen is fine but AC controls and volume control wheel are non-operable. Did anyone ever get a solution for this?

·
Registered
215 Posts
I got a car wash last week and when I started my car (2017 Ghibli SQ4) the MTC was stuck rapidly changing radio stations, AC controls, phone features, etc... Stopped in at dealership and they disconnected the battery and reconnected and that fixed the problem. Went back to car wash today and the touchscreen is fine but AC controls and volume control wheel are non-operable. Did anyone ever get a solution for this?
maybe water is getting into the trunk, which is where the battery is located. next time you get a wash, check to see if there's any moisture near the battery.

i'm a serial car washer, like at least once a week if not twice, and this has never happened to me. I've had 2 ghiblis and neither has ever acted wonky in a car wash, both handwashes and automatic no touch/high pressure washes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts