Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am planning to renovate my garage. I am living in an old house. The garage floors are dirty and damaged with years of oil and grease residue.

I thought about using the epoxy coating on the garage floor after cleaning it. I heard that it protects the concrete from absorbing the oil and grease.

Before I proceed with it I would like to get some feedback. Please share your opinion.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
102 Posts
It's not a difficult project - my son and I did his in an afternoon. It looks fantastic, and makes wiping up any spills, leaks, etc a breeze. One word of caution though, it's REALLY slippery when wet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have never had any luck with the epoxy floor coatings. They last for about 2 years and then they start to flake and pull up. Maybe it's the product I used? I noticed any type of oil or gas that gets spilled on the coating will cause it to bubble pretty quickly. I would think with your older garage floor it would have to be thoroughly cleaned before even having a chance to stick. We applied the epoxy coating on my floor when the house was new and it still didn't hold up. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
To do epoxy floors correctly you need a co crete grinder. You can rent one from your local Sherwin william store. If you don't wanna have that slippery when wet situation throw quartz down over a wet application of epoxy and back roll over it. A friend of mine has his own epoxy floor company called custom Concrete coatings. I help him all the time. If your still looking to get it done message me and ill have him reach out to you, so he can answer any of your questions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts