Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good news for me, I've gotten confirmation that 2015 US spec Ghibli's can be ordered without sunroof and come well equipped (enough).

At my height, the sunroof Ghibli DOES NOT safely fit me. My head hits right against the side borders of the sunroof indentation. Usually I'd expect even a non-sunroof version to still not fit me, considering how tight it is, BUT the Ghibli sunroof seems to add an abnormally massive roof border (around the indentation). The rear border in particular is huge and actually contacts they back of my head (again, safety issue).

What I'm desperate to know is whether anyone can confirm that the NON sunroof cars eliminate that seemingly 2 inch rear border and actually truly open up the headroom as much as it seems it would? And most importantly: ****Is the roof a totally smooth surface with no protrusions at all when sans sunroof****?

Any experience on this would be super appreciated.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have never sat in a Ghibli with a sunroof, so impossible for me to compare, but i can confirm that the interior roof surface is flat in the centre where the sunroof would be, ie no humps in the roof lining at all. I am 6'3", and in my normal seating position I have about 3-4 inches of clearance. Hope this helps

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have never sat in a Ghibli with a sunroof, so impossible for me to compare, but i can confirm that the interior roof surface is flat in the centre where the sunroof would be, ie no humps in the roof lining at all. I am 6'3", and in my normal seating position I have about 3-4 inches of clearance. Hope this helps
It really does! Thank you. I'm 6'5 with the torso of someone probably an inch or two taller than me, so it seems I should be able to fit.

The headroom figure with sunroof is 38.82". Does anyone know the standard roof figure?

·
Registered
305 Posts
The non sunroof version is I would say about 3 inches better than the car with sunroof. Of course I did not measure it but the sunroof car I test drove was not a fit for me but the non sunroof version has enabled me to raise the seat for the first time in any car I have owned.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The non sunroof version is I would say about 3 inches better than the car with sunroof. Of course I did not measure it but the sunroof car I test drove was not a fit for me but the non sunroof version has enabled me to raise the seat for the first time in any car I have owned.
Wow, good news, thanks. 3" is exactly what I'm hoping. The Ghibli sunroof has the largest borders of any car I've seen, not sure why. It seems to really take up a ton of space.

Also if anyone can comment on the comfort of the 6 way standard seats, and most importantly if it has lumbar support. I'd be stuck with those seats unfortunately since I can't select a package (so I don't get sunroof). Also, I hope that the there is standard manual steering telescoping since I also wouldn't be able to get the package with electronic steering wheel telescoping.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gonna throw this out there: If anyone can be so willing, can you please post a picture showing the interior roofline? Also namely the dome light cluster area, and area to the left of the drivers head, where the pull lever is?

I noticed on the sunroof car today how LOW the dome light is due to how exaggeratedly the roof bends down in that area. I also noticed a lot of "wave" patterns in the roof, that take up lots of head space. As well, the upper roof grab handle was right next to my head, and I'm wondering just how much extra its raised up on non sunroof cars.

Thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
With steering wheel on right side.... Vehicle Car Vehicle door Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

Reactions: K-A

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you! Wow looks like a TON more room than the sunroof. Seems like the very low hanging dome light area is the same, unfortunately, and then after that you see the huge indentation that allows for much more generous headroom. I assume toward the rear there aren't any "wavy" motions in the rooflining like there are in the sunroof headliner (that may have been answered earlier)?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts