Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
I liked this quote from that CNNMoney article:

One thing Maserati will not do, Wester insisted, is take Maserati any further down-market in pursuit of sales.

"Over my dead body," he said.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I hope he means it because any lower and they better be ready to produce a lot more that 50K a year and that would be a shame.......I am getting so many complements and thumbs up it fun and unnerving at the same time......hope they are more like Porsche and not BMW or MB this has been debated thoroughly on other threads..........but the quote is very reassuring...........

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
...hope they are more like Porsche and not BMW or MB this has been debated thoroughly on other threads..........but the quote is very reassuring...........
I feel the Ghibli and Maserati will be more like Porsche -- an exclusive brand built in limited numbers. I also think that Maserati will focus on classic design and not radically change the design of the Ghibli that much -- much like Porsche -- thus the Ghibli should evolve but retain its fundamental design and appeal years down the road, regardless of the year manufactured.

(I don't have the same feelings about the QP though -- the proportions of the Ghibli are just better IMO.)

·
Registered
695 Posts
We've come along way when down market is $80-90K. When I graduated college I got a new 240Z with some dealer add ons for $4200. People thought I'd lost my mind. Next time I see a guy with a E class I'm going to ask him if he couldn't afford a S class.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts