Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Agreed, on this.. but then we dont even get Diesel here in USA... :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agreed, on this.. but then we dont even get Diesel here in USA... :)
In the USA you only got petrol, but then i noticed most people buy an S Q4 but why?

Isn't it more fun to drive an RWD than AWD? I've only tested the S, 330hp and the diesel so I don't know how it is to drive an SQ4...

I'm owning an audi S4 avant that also has quatro, I was planning to buy the S6 avant or the Ghibli, when I tested both cars the ghibli was godlike just because of the RWD something I never drove with (always FWD), but its so cool if you can take a slow corner with your but sweeping. I know the S Q4 will be much more safe and stable in fast corners but don't you lose to much fun in driving, ok these cars arent made to drift everytime but once in a while it seems to be cool, I don't think its possible with the AWD.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Shnippy:

We in the North East of the US have cold, wet and slippery winters. Having an AWD vehicle is a necessity. In fact when shopping for the car, my wife insisted on my getting the AWD. When I told her it was a $10,000 US upgrade she didn't hesitate. She said "get it in AWD or don't bother getting it at all"

The AWD is rear biased "on demand AWD" meaning when the car demands it or "needs" it rather the ratio of rwd and fwd is adjusted.

The computer checks the wheel grip, road surface, speed, yaw, etc and in 100 millisecond shifts power to either the rear or front in whatever proportion is needed.

When driving on dry pavement on the highway the ratio is 100% rear driven. So the AWD gives the driver the best of both worlds. I think I explained it correctly...LOL
Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts