Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any Ghibli owners applied Ceramic Pro -- what is your experience? Recommend or not? Thanks, Scott

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yes! I got a rock chip in the paint on the first day I had it. I had 4 coats of ceramic coat pro applied on Monday. It looks STUNNING!!!!!! Smooth as glass. I also had the Gtechniq applied to the interior. I have the sabbia interior and have had no issues with dye transfers. I cannot recommend putting a coating on ASAP. Many people here have used the opticoat, but I was concerned with the texture. Also, they just changed their warranty, so I guess they are having some issues.

Reactions: Mangirek

·
Registered
77 Posts
I forgot to add, the 4 coats give the same coverage as a clear bra and I did not want to be able to see "stickers" on my car. The 4 coats cost $1000. I got an estimate of how much it would be to respray front bumper (rock chip) and it was $1,800!!!!!!! I'm heading to the shop today to have them retouch it. And they offered to do it for free.

Reactions: Mangirek

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Seems like the Ceramic Pro is the way to go. I've had the car for almost three month and I want to get the coating before I take a somewhat long road trip. Cheers, Scott

·
Administrator
2,521 Posts
Yes! I got a rock chip in the paint on the first day I had it. I had 4 coats of ceramic coat pro applied on Monday. It looks STUNNING!!!!!! Smooth as glass. I also had the Gtechniq applied to the interior. I have the sabbia interior and have had no issues with dye transfers. I cannot recommend putting a coating on ASAP..
Ha ... I got my first chip on the hood driving home from the dealer. Fortunately, being Griogio Mareata it doesn't show that easy. I could hear it hit the hood ... it was at that moment I hit my top speed (recorded by the car) to blast out ahead of the highway traffic.

I DO wish I did something for around the wheel wells with a little more robustness. My 20' tires are sand blasting the paint off the surrounding edges ... getting a pitted look which I only notice when I wash the car.

Gtechniq on interior and exterior is holding out well for me. Haven't needed to towel dry the car for 6 months ... just the air blower takes all the water off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have ceramic coat on my blue ghibli. The car stays looking clean and reduces water spots. Sometimes a nice rain storm will make your car look fresh after its gone lol well worth it in my opinion

1 - 8 of 8 Posts