Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2014 SQ4 with warranty expiring some time early next year. Anyone have experience or plan to buy extended warranty separately from the dealer (not the CPO warranty that some dealers are bundling when selling pre-owned Ghibly )?

·
Super Moderator
1,954 Posts
I have the extended warranty on my 2014. I added when it first came out to add a layer of protection since I planned to keep the car 6+ years.
They do the same inspection as the CPO to make sure car is in full specification. I think I paid around $3500 + tax for 2 additional years and up to 100K miles

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the extended warranty on my 2014. I added when it first came out to add a layer of protection since I planned to keep the car 6+ years.
They do the same inspection as the CPO to make sure car is in full specification. I think I paid around $3500 + tax for 2 additional years and up to 100K miles
Thanks, which state/dealer did you buy this from?

·
Super Moderator
1,954 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
i purchased a Delta policy, but haven't had to make a claim yet. I did some research before I bought it and the only negative feed back I found was that Delta reserve the right to "shop" quoted replacement parts costs and supply the replacement part. One complaint was that Delta elected to do so on a turbo replacement (if I recall correctly) at a dealer that added a week or so to the repair. Given Maserati dealer service pricing, I can understand this and am okay with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks MFE III. I have manufacturer warranty until August. Would love to hear how it goes if you need to make a claim. Delta has a good price, but their sales tactics concern me. They have literally called me everyday for the past 3 weeks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks MFE III. I have manufacturer warranty until August. Would love to hear how it goes if you need to make a claim. Delta has a good price, but their sales tactics concern me. They have literally called me everyday for the past 3 weeks.
Yeah, I get you on the sales tactics and I will post when, and if, I have any claims experience to share. They sent me "complementary" Road Hazard Coverage. I read the fine print and it will pay up to $150 per tire/wheel !!!:laugh: Told them that might cover the valve stem on my Vorsteiner wheels!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Need Help!!! extended warranty nightmare

Just bought Maserati ghibli sq4 2016, 10k miles. non-maserati dealer wanted 6k! for 5 year extended warranty which they said covers "almost everything" and I can take it to any Maserati dealer for warranty issues. except maintenance. I saw delta extended warranty but they close right now.
Questions:
is delta less expensive?
with delta warranty can I take it to maserati dealer?
whats recommended, as basic warranty will expire in 14 months?

I'm a newbie, first luxury car, appreciate any help.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just bought Maserati ghibli sq4 2016, 10k miles. non-maserati dealer wanted 6k! for 5 year extended warranty which they said covers "almost everything" and I can take it to any Maserati dealer for warranty issues. except maintenance. I saw delta extended warranty but they close right now.
Questions:
is delta less expensive?
with delta warranty can I take it to maserati dealer?
whats recommended, as basic warranty will expire in 14 months?

I'm a newbie, first luxury car, appreciate any help.
If you have a Maserati dealer nearby, I would take it there and have them do the inspection and get the Maserati extended warranty. I just always prefer manufacturer warranties over 3rd party ones. Price should run you about $3500 for an additional 2 years of warranty. This is what I did for my '14 SQ4.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I paid $2,800 for a 3 year, 50.000 additional mile Delta extended warranty for my '14 Ghibli SQ4 in June. Does cover work done at the dealer. Only possible rub is that they reserve the right to source expensive parts. Details:

ESP OWNER: MFE III
PLAN: Diamond Premier
TERM: 3 years / 50000 additional miles
DEDUCTIBLE: $0.00
Year: 2014
Make: Maserati
Model: Ghibli
Current Mileage: 39482
Start Date: 06/01/2018
End Date: 06/01/2021
Start Mileage: 40482
End Mileage: 90482

POLICY PREMIUM: $2800.00
1 Payment of $2800.00

·
Registered
28 Posts
Purchase a 5 year 100k mile extended warranty on my 15 ghibli, from conerstone. havent had to do a claim yet, but i will keep you posted. Hoping everything goes well.

Anyone has experience with any extended warranty company. Any tips?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am int he Market for a pre owned Ghibli right now. I am looking at a car that has factory warranty until July of 2019 and am debating going with Maserati extended for 2 years/100K miles for 5K or a 3rd part warranty. I purchased a 3rd party warranty on my current DD a 2010 MB E550 Coupe when I purchased 4 years ago and it was through Frontera and terms were 10 years or 100K miles for $1,900. This has paid for itself many times over as the MB has had loads of service issues in the 60K miles I have put on the car. The company has been pretty good, but I have heard many issues with 3rd party warranty companies so any input here would be appreciated.

Carl

·
Registered
275 Posts
I am int he Market for a pre owned Ghibli right now. I am looking at a car that has factory warranty until July of 2019 and am debating going with Maserati extended for 2 years/100K miles for 5K or a 3rd part warranty. I purchased a 3rd party warranty on my current DD a 2010 MB E550 Coupe when I purchased 4 years ago and it was through Frontera and terms were 10 years or 100K miles for $1,900. This has paid for itself many times over as the MB has had loads of service issues in the 60K miles I have put on the car. The company has been pretty good, but I have heard many issues with 3rd party warranty companies so any input here would be appreciated.

Carl
Do you have a link to Frontera? I did a quick google search and can't find them.
Thanks in advance!
Ron

·
Registered
28 Posts
It is actually Fortegra from Advantage Care. They ave been pretty good about claims, but do specify parts to use. On my MB they insisted on a rebuilt PS pump even though my mechanic could have gotten a new one for less $$. They do specify and shop for least expensive parts. The dealer I am purchasing the Ghibli from is trying to sell me Axiom warranty and swears they are great.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've been shopping extended warranties as well, and was interested in Delta until I checked out BBB; they have an alert about coercionary tactics and have had 330 complaints in the past 12 months. They've been in business 4 years and have 426 complaints in the past 3 years. I'm leaning towards Auto Advantage, as they are A+ rated on BBB, have been around 40 years, and have had zero complaints. More expensive but seems worth it. (FWIW, I have no relationship to this business).

I wasn't aware that I could get a Maserati extended warranty though, so I should check that out. I have 9 months left on the factory warranty and 17K miles, but I bought it used from a non-Maserati dealer - would I still be eligible for the Maserati warranty? Is it bumper to bumper or is it more like Major Component coverage?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I believe Maserati offers different choices as far as extended warranty coverage plans. I am going to look into one for my car (2015 Ghibli) an yes, even if you purchase from a non Maserati dealer, a dealer can perform and inspection and if all is well offer you a Maserati warranty Price seems to differ from dealer to dealer depending on location.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts