Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer keeps saying that Maserati is about to come out with an extended warranty for the Ghibli. She said they have info on it but not the pricing yet.

Has anyone else heard anything about this?

·
Administrator
2,389 Posts
They have an extended warranty they offered me. 6 year, 100,000
Can't buy when new, earliest is to bring car back in after 3000 miles or 3-months for inspection. Quote I received was US $2500.
I plan to get an extended warranty, but will check around on pricing. I also bought the 4-yr maintenance plan when I picked up car.

·
Registered
111 Posts
In the UK, I don't think there is an extended warranty, but there is a service pack, three years on the diesel and four on the petrol.

If any UK forum guys know different please post on here.

Ta.

·
Administrator
2,389 Posts
Anyone else have any new news on extended warranty for Ghibli in US?

I contacted 3 dealers; one has info as I indicated above but needs to do a complete inspection after car has a little age to issue the 2 yr extension and the other two dealers are waiting for "Maserati" to provide pricing?

·
Administrator
2,389 Posts
So finally got the same message from three Maserati dealers. Maserati NA must be fielding all these calls and wondering what's with the run on these warranties.

There is NO extended warranty on the Ghibli today, (might be in future), but what dealers are authorized to do is reclassify the car as Maserati Certified (after inspection) to extend the coverage to 6 years, 100K miles.

Apparently, there is little demand for the extended warranty based on high turnover after 2-4 years (end of leases / trade-ins) ... then the dealers certify prior to resale.

Some Maserati dealers have "aftermarket" extended warranties they can offer which in their point of view offers the same protection ... especially if you bring it back to them for service.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Maintenance Plan discount?

Has anyone gotten a discount on the Maintenance Plan? I heard $1625 for the 4/50 prepaid maintenance, which is MSRP but they have 'no margin' to work with...
anyone have a better answer? Thanks

·
Administrator
2,389 Posts
J14Ghibli - I paid worse $1995 for the 4/50 (from Bergen County).

I also got a mixed message from Maserati on 6yr/100K certification for 2014 ghibli's ... there is no program offered yet. Even though you can see the 2014 loaner/demo cars being sold certified on-line.

·
Administrator
2,389 Posts
Still waiting for the extended warranty. Maserati NA keeps saying not yet, but all the 14 and 15 trades are eligible for recertification to 6/100.

·
Administrator
2,389 Posts
Extended Warranty Now Available for Ghibli

The MNA extended warranty has recently been rolled out for the Ghibli!!!

6 years / 100K miles. Must be activated within current warranty age and mileage.

If not added prior to new vehicle delivery, must go through a dealer inspection / check list prior to the extension being approved.

Will be interesting to see pricing across the dealer network. First quote was $3750 for the extension.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Price List
Ghibli Plans 12 Months $ 2,999 24 Months $ 3,699
Quattroporte & GranTurismo Plans 12 Months $ 3,599 24 Months $ 4,299
Powertrain Plan (All Models) 12 Months $ 1,899

·
Administrator
2,389 Posts
Price List
Ghibli Plans 12 Months $ 2,999 24 Months $ 3,699
Quattroporte & GranTurismo Plans 12 Months $ 3,599 24 Months $ 4,299
Powertrain Plan (All Models) 12 Months $ 1,899
Thanks for sharing the full plan information!!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Full Coverage Plan
Engine
• Crankcase and all internal components, oil pump, flywheel (non-clutch related failure, cylinder
head (s), intake and exhaust valves Oil radiator(s); (oil seals and oil leaks in general, belts and
all rubber/plastic parts are not included)
Transmission
• (Automatic Gearbox) Gearbox housing(s), including all internal mechanical/electronic
components
Differential and drive-shaft / Transfer Case (AWD Models)
• Differential housing(s) and all internal components, axle-shafts and drive flanges, (rubber boots
are not included).
Suspensions:
• Front axle sub frame, suspension levers, (bushings, subject to wear, are not covered), wheel
bearing housing, wheel hub / bearing, springs, stabilizer bars and links
Steering
• Power assist steering rack and lines, (rubber hoses and boots not covered) steering gear,
steering hydraulic pump, cooler and reservoir
Brake System – ABS
• ABS hydraulic pump and lines, master cylinder and reservoir, brake booster, braking pressure
regulator; front and rear calipers, (not from seizing from corrosion), EPB (Electronic Parking
Brake)
Cooling System
• Water pump, (driving belts not included), radiator, radiator fans, thermostat, expansion tank
Fuel System
• Fuel tank, fuel filler, fuel pump, fuel lines, accumulator, pressure regulator, injectors, air flow
sensor, intake manifold, temperature sensors, idle stabilizer valve, mass airflow sensor
Electrical Components (only for electrical failures, not cosmetic)
Alternator
All electronic ECUs and ignition system
• Starter motor and solenoid
• Wiring harnesses, switches and controls, electric motors electric contact switches, fuse boxes
and solenoids, actuators
• Airbag
• All audio equipment; NAV system, radio head unit, TV/DVD, CD changer, speakers (includes
subwoofer), amplifier
Climate Control
• Heating/ air conditioning system controls cables and valves, heater core, distribution ducts, and
outlets, A/C compressor and clutch, receiver dryer, accumulator, A/C condenser

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am glad to hear this. Finally!. I have 40,000 on my 2014 Ghibli and was staring to get nervous. I am defiantly getting this, due to the amount of driving I do.

Do you know who has this info? Sales Person or Service adviser?

·
Administrator
2,389 Posts
I'll be adding the 24 months to the car at my upcoming annual maintenance service / state inspection. I plan to keep the car for a number of years and although insurance can sometimes be overkill ... suspect it is in my best interest to have it for this car ... just in case.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts