Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 2 long agonizing months with the Ghibli and getting so many issues with the car, I decided to sell the car with a huge lost and back with a nice BMW Gran Coupe.

Thanks for all of you who helped me during these 2 months in trying to get the car fixed.

This was by far the biggest mistake I ever made and I am glad I'm Maserati free!

I was hoping enjoying the last drive with the car this morning, but as always, this couldn't be uneventful. The Audio system stopped completely working for the 3rd time! So my last drive had to make me remember all the stupid rattles with this car!

I hope you guys enjoy you cars as much as I was hopping to.

This was by far the most gorgeous car out there and I will miss the compliments everyone was giving me on the looks!

Drive safe!

·
Registered
863 Posts
I am so sorry to hear that man. Seriously.. i think you should have got gone to MNA or Lemon about it.

Just on the side note, did you financed the car or leased it??

·
Administrator
2,410 Posts
best wishes on the BMW and sorry to hear the lack of satisfaction. Your Nero was a really nice looking car.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
The Gran Coupe is beautiful! Best of luck with your new car. Enjoy!

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
so you traded the car into the BMW dealer? looks like you had a lot of upgraded options on the car, you must have taken a beaten with the trade in.

in the end though it appears you will be much happier and driving a problem free car. from the complaints I hear, there are definitely more Maserati lemons on the road then there should be. granted its an "intro level" Maserati but anyone paying $70-$100k for a car should be buying a problem free ride. The car should have never been released until all the so called bugs were under control and corrected.

·
Registered
357 Posts
so you traded the car into the BMW dealer? looks like you had a lot of upgraded options on the car, you must have taken a beaten with the trade in.

in the end though it appears you will be much happier and driving a problem free car. from the complaints I hear, there are definitely more Maserati lemons on the road then there should be. granted its an "intro level" Maserati but anyone paying $70-$100k for a car should be buying a problem free ride. The car should have never been released until all the so called bugs were under control and corrected.
New launch cars will always have bugs as I have learnt first hand with BMW 640 in 2004 and Panamera in 2009 and so I waited a year on getting the Ghibli and so far I have not had the problems reported from the earlier cars and I am very satisfied with this great car. Wish I had the excitement of being one of the first ones to drive the Ghibli but not having those initial bugs is a trade of that I can live with. In my case it was twice bitten once shy. :)

Any new product can only be tested so much before release wether it is Apple's new soft ware, medications, electronic gadgets or cars. The real test is when thousands of users start using it on a daily basis in the real world settings and that's when the bugs show up. That said Maserati screwed up big time with their pathetic response to our problems. Glad they are turning things around. Just my 2 cents. Cheers mate.

·
Registered
666 Posts
New launch cars will always have bugs as I have learnt first hand with BMW 640 in 2004 and Panamera in 2009 and so I waited a year on getting the Ghibli and so far I have not had the problems reported from the earlier cars and I am very satisfied with this great car. Wish I had the excitement of being one of the first ones to drive the Ghibli but not having those initial bugs is a trade of that I can live with. In my case it was twice bitten once shy. :)

Any new product can only be tested so much before release wether it is Apple's new soft ware, medications, electronic gadgets or cars. The real test is when thousands of users start using it on a daily basis in the real world settings and that's when the bugs show up. That said Maserati screwed up big time with their pathetic response to our problems. Glad they are turning things around. Just my 2 cents. Cheers mate.
Hi Mangairek

What sound system do you have? If it is Premium Sound, do you not have the subwoofer rattling issue?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts