Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had just seen a post on Maserati Life regarding FD providing parts for the Ghibli.

The most awaited DBW is now available >:D. Still no word on the ECU Tune.

I am looking to contact them and get more info about it. For now this is the post by them.

Gentleman / Ladies,

We've done quite a bit of development on new products for the Maserati Ghibli, development parts have been installed, tested and running on the Ghibli SQ4, trouble free for months now...

We are currently looking for Ghiblis that are able to come to Las Vegas in order to verify that our final production parts to came our perfectly so that we can release them to the public and to get some high quality installed pictures.

So, if you're near Las Vegas or looking to get a great deal on parts / installation, please reach out to us. This would be for :

Sport Lowering Springs
Sport Stabilizer Bars
Drive By Wire Enhancement Module
Big Brake Kit

We also have Sport Rear Spoilers, Rear Diffuser, Wheel Spacers, Wheels, SS Brake Lines, Performance Brake Pads, Tow Hook Front License Plate mounts, Muffler Valve Control Kits available.

Full Exhaust systems are in development as well.

Of course, all of these parts will be released publicly in just a bit of time and our website will be updated!

Best Regards,

1-702-430-1040 Local

Visit:FormulaDynamics.com for Performance Maserati:
ECU/DBW Chip Upgrades - Spring Kits - Brake Pads / Lines - Air / Oil Filters - Tires - Wheels

·
Registered
666 Posts
I just read about DBW module. It is just like SPRINT BOOSTER or PedalBox, which usually sell for about $200 to 300. FD DWB module is almost $1300!!!!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes better throttle response and eliminate lag when accelerating. So even in the ICE mode you will see a considerable difference

·
Registered
666 Posts
It's the maserati tax. What does the dbw module accomplish tho it doesn't mention. Better throttle response?
Ha ha. I hate when I try to get an estimate on a small paint job or body work and as detail and specific I was on what I want done, they still ask me what kind of car is it for.... I bet they charge different price for the same job for Ma-zda compare to Ma-serati

·
Registered
666 Posts
FlamingWicky

Sprint Booster just told me their DBW module will come out in a week or two.
They are a reputable company that has products with real result. Maybe check them out and save some money for other mods.

·
Registered
524 Posts
All of these well known companies (FD, novitec, Fabspeed, etc.) over charge their products. If the DBW from sprint booster is 1k cheaper than FD, it's a no brainer for me. I am still hoping that some less known companies come out with CF diffuser, trunk spoiler, and front splitter for 200 to 300 dollars. I paid $300 for a CF diffuser for my C63 so I wouldn't pay 1k now just because of the maserati tax.
For the paint job, same thing happened to me they asked for what car and as soon as I said maserati, they wanted $600 to paint my rims black.

·
Registered
666 Posts
All of these well known companies (FD, novitec, Fabspeed, etc.) over charge their products. If the DBW from sprint booster is 1k cheaper than FD, it's a no brainer for me. I am still hoping that some less known companies come out with CF diffuser, trunk spoiler, and front splitter for 200 to 300 dollars. I paid $300 for a CF diffuser for my C63 so I wouldn't pay 1k now just because of the maserati tax.
For the paint job, same thing happened to me they asked for what car and as soon as I said maserati, they wanted $600 to paint my rims black.
Definitely not for DBW module. It is a simple plug & play tune that you can easily take off yourself without touching the ECU. But for an ECU tune, I would go with a larger company that will actually warranty their product + your car if anything goes wrong.
For spoilers and diffusors, I think your best bet is to wait for Taiwanese makers to come up with copies.

For powder coating the wheels. $600 is a little high, but not much more than the average. it is usually $100 to 150 per wheel.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the heads up on Sprint Booster. I will surely check them out if there DBW is good enough and cost less, i will give it a try and then wait for the ECU tune.. its still a race for the tune b/w some good companies.. but nothing so far yet.

FlamingWicky

Sprint Booster just told me their DBW module will come out in a week or two.
They are a reputable company that has products with real result. Maybe check them out and save some money for other mods.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Noob question but what is the difference between a DBW module and an ecu tune/mod? Does the DBW just increase throttle response but have no increase in hp and torque?

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You got it.. and the ecu tune is for thw hp and torque.

Noob question but what is the difference between a DBW module and an ecu tune/mod? Does the DBW just increase throttle response but have no increase in hp and torque?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts