Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 40 posts in and some of you may have read the challenges I had with the first car I was supposed to take delivery of. Well, about 2.5 weeks later with a week in a loaner Ghibli, I'm finally in MY Ghibli S Q4.

Exterior -- Grigio Maratea
Dash -- Nero/Cuoio
Seats -- Cuoio
High Gloss Ebano Wood Trim
20" Urano Rims
Red Brake Calipers
Premium Package
Sport Package
Premium Sound

·
Registered
292 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Congrats... this car looks sharp as anything... I can surely feel the happiness you are having right now..

Enjoy the car my friend.. you will have the wicked grin once you put it in Sports..

Hopefully you can make it to the next meet up.

I have the same config and color just a couple of addition, i have the cold weather package as well and a few changes. Also what is your car build date.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Beautiful!
Congratulations.
You have the twin to @BeerGuy

Reactions: BeerGuy

·
Administrator
2,521 Posts
TheJackal - Looks really great!!! "My Twin" ... we just can't park our 4-door family sedans side by side;)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pic #1 is kind of awesome with the tree and cloud reflection on the hood.

Twin? Um, yeah. Because it is the best color/wheel combo that exists.

BeerGuy, I'd be happy to park next to you.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Lovely car, lovely colour

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Congrats!

I still have to wait three more weeks for my 2015

DD

·
Registered
312 Posts
Congrats!

I still have to wait three more weeks for my 2015

DD
Hey DD, have they given you or released pricing on 2015s yet.
I'm curious to see how the new packaging affects the price.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
I am hoping next week when I work out all the other details like opti-coat , tinting car cover, battery tender

It also depends on if the car arrives in Newark in August or September I think

DD

·
Registered
17 Posts
congrats on the beautiful config. You have exactly the car I wanted.....but I had to settle (no red calipers....unnecessary cold weather package...etc.) because i needed the car by a certain date.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
congrats on the beautiful config. You have exactly the car I wanted.....but I had to settle (no red calipers....unnecessary cold weather package...etc.) because i needed the car by a certain date.
They are hard to find. My dealership had to get it trucked in from the west coast. I did have another dealership that had a similar car and offered to swap out the calipers for me so maybe you can negotiate that. There were also a few with Proteo's but they said it would be cost prohibitive to swap the rims on a car so swapping calipers was the better way to go. Cold Weather package was not one of my requirements either. It gets cold here in winter but I know I'm not goign to be sitting in the bakc seat. :)

EDIT: I just saw your location. My dealership found the car in Redwood City (which also happens to be where my company is based).

·
Registered
17 Posts
****! i bought it from the redwood city dealership...how annoying. they said they didn't have any with the specs i wanted...and that i would have to order a 2015...and it wouldn't be available until oct/nov. i also asked about swapping calipers and they said it was too time consuming and difficult to do (they had done it for another customer years ago on a diff car).

in CA it rarely gets cold....so never understood why this dealership had the cold weather package.

at the end of the day, i still enjoy my car....but hated the purchasing experience. multiple dealerships in the Bay Area were non-responsive and just plain lazy.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not sure how it works but my dealership said the car was not assigned to any specific dealerships inventory which is why they were able to claim it in the system.

Style loves company. Parked in an empty part of the lot and when I came back out, 911 parked next to me.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts