Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new to the forum.

Just purchased a second hand Ghibli from a non Maserati franchise. It does not have any records apart from one HR Owen service record. tried a couple of companies that allegedly can give you build records, but none have been any good apart from stating not stolen.

Does anyone know if i contact my local Maserati dealership and prove ownership will they give me build details. Or any other method of finding out.

Cheers

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi, had my Ghibli since January. I tried to find a non Maserati dealer solution to get the build sheet for mine and failed miserably. I think the only way is back to a dealer.
Enjoy your car, I love mine, still getting used to it, cant wait till they lift restrictions so i can really get out there and enjoy it.

·
Administrator
2,457 Posts
Hi new to the forum.

Just purchased a second hand Ghibli from a non Maserati franchise. It does not have any records apart from one HR Owen service record. tried a couple of companies that allegedly can give you build records, but none have been any good apart from stating not stolen.

Does anyone know if i contact my local Maserati dealership and prove ownership will they give me build details. Or any other method of finding out.

Cheers
No one else can produce the Maserati records. You can try your local Maserati dealer or contact your regional Maserati UK customer service. They will require proof of ownership and might be able to locate your window sticker depending on the age of the vehicle.
Welcome to the forum and your new Maserati!!!

Reactions: meandi

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Morning all, What's a build sheet?
Hi Titeist the build sheet contains all the items that are on the car including paint, engine, leather, heated seats, camera etc extras packs eg comfort driving business luxury, wheels calliper colour etc

And i have now managed to get all the info on my car to include items i did not know and if any recall outstanding.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi new to the forum.

Cheers
Hi. I have bought a second hand Maserati ghibli recently with full service history. But still thought I would get it a full service by my machanic. And in his opinion the service that had been done by main dealers was not very good. Main thing was the air filter had not been changed for years. It was clogged up and the cars mpg was not good. All done now and the cars running perfectly now. Just my opinion but I don’t trust main dealers. Just get someone you trust to look after your car. Hope you enjoy your car like I am enjoying mine

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good advice I had the same problem with Mercedes. As a low mileage driver I'm sure they didn't change the oil as required.
Definitely had the same problem with a BMW 6 series. I only do around 4K a year. And my machanic changes every thing for me and takes all wheels off and checks everything. Iv had big diesels for years never have I had a problem with DPF. Just keep the oil and filters clean. My is a 2014. And had a new engine at 40k good will from Maserati and it’s done 69k now and runs sweet as a nut. My machanic as recommended a gearbox oil and filter change next years service I will be having it done. Hope these little things help keep your car running as sweet as mine cheers Martin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts