Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am thinking about buying a ghibli in my area for a first car. Now I know this might sound crazy but Its a very good deal. Price is 22k with 40k miles and a 3year 75k mile warranty. I know that maitenece is high but I have money saved for that and am not worried about that. I consider my self a very responsible and careful driver, as the car I learned on was a 450hp corvette. Now I am WORRIED about insurance cost. I've checked threads where people say they've got quoted 1k monthly, keep in mind they were also buying a 80k new ghibli, not a 20k ghibli like I am. Some websites say it should be around 250 a month with a 1k deductible. What do you guys think about the ghibli as a first car and what do you think insurance will be? Thanks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Your insurance rate is going to depend highly on a number of factors, including how many miles you drive it in a year, your age, your claims history, etc.

When we bought our 2014 Ghibli new, AAA quoted us $1700 a year because we stayed under 3K miles per year. We just bought a new 2019 Ghibli S and our rate now is even lower than that. Again, we are staying under 3K miles per year...it is our fun weekend car, not our daily driver.

As others have said in other threads, keep that oil changed, the fluids topped off, and pay strict attention to the maintenance schedule. If you do that and don't abuse it when you drive it, chances are you'll be fine.

Assuming you buy it, welcome to the club.

·
Administrator
2,390 Posts
Hi, I am thinking about buying a ghibli in my area for a first car. Now I know this might sound crazy but Its a very good deal. Price is 22k with 40k miles and a 3year 75k mile warranty. I know that maitenece is high but I have money saved for that and am not worried about that. I consider my self a very responsible and careful driver, as the car I learned on was a 450hp corvette. Now I am WORRIED about insurance cost. I've checked threads where people say they've got quoted 1k monthly, keep in mind they were also buying a 80k new ghibli, not a 20k ghibli like I am. Some websites say it should be around 250 a month with a 1k deductible. What do you guys think about the ghibli as a first car and what do you think insurance will be? Thanks.
as svelte indicated on insurance the other factor is your cars location which also impacts risk assessments (rates).

It's easy to get a few quotes and that will quickly answer that question. You can also try to bundle with other insurance, (like house, renter and etc) to get a discount. Some insurance companies are very picky with youthful drivers / experience ratings.

I've never paid more than $500 per year with $1000 deductible for my Ghibli with full coverage ... brand new or 6 years old.

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4 Gransport
24 Posts
I would recommend asking for a carfax report or have an independent mechanic inspect before purchase. That price doesn't line up with what I have seen with that mileage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your insurance rate is going to depend highly on a number of factors, including how many miles you drive it in a year, your age, your claims history, etc.

When we bought our 2014 Ghibli new, AAA quoted us $1700 a year because we stayed under 3K miles per year. We just bought a new 2019 Ghibli S and our rate now is even lower than that. Again, we are staying under 3K miles per year...it is our fun weekend car, not our daily driver.

As others have said in other threads, keep that oil changed, the fluids topped off, and pay strict attention to the maintenance schedule. If you do that and don't abuse it when you drive it, chances are you'll be fine.

Assuming you buy it, welcome to the club.
Yes a little late on the reply. I happen to have purchased the vehicle. Insurance company quoted me a 3500 per year with a yearly mileage of around 40k. (Yes I actually drive this much) I have a indy mechanic who will work on it, he works on maseratis and alfas fairly often so I'm not too worried. He said for the 50k maitenece he will charge 750 and for the the 65k maitence he will charge 1000 (yikes) but still better than the dealer. I will only own the car for 1 1/2 years since I won't trust the car after 105k miles. Not worth the risk. Thanks for the replies. I'm looking to buy a alfa romeo giulia afterwards are these good cars?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts