Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know when the first Ghibli's starting selling here in the USA. I am trying to figure out if people have been driving the cars for a month, 2 or 6 or whatever.

Sort of wondering if it has been in the market long enough for Maserati to be getting an indication of what some of the issues are whether they are working on a "service update" for owners when they bring here cars in.

Here are several things I have noticed that I will be talking to my dealer about:

1) Remote car start has very short range - I pretty much have to be right on top of the car for it to work.
2) Satellite radio fades out very frequently. Actually the sound system as a whole is pretty bad but I doubt there are easy fixes for most of the issues.
3) Door open indicator comes on sometimes even when the door is closed. After multiple open and closes it goes off.

None of these things are terrible but I wonder if a software tweak might address some of the issues.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Everyone here is pretty much the first wave. I'd say people started getting cars about a month ago?

The very first confirmed Ghibli sale was the ones they brought over for the Detroit car show last year, I believe. They sold that as "used" after the show was done.

I am sure there will be service updates.

1. The remote start I saw had okay range. The sales person started it from about 30 feet away. But he was outside, not from inside the dealer.
2. You are not the only one to complain about the SAT radio, so this maybe something they'll have to fix.
3. This sounds like a specific problem with your car. Maybe the door sensor is bad on yours.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Too bad to hear about the satellite radio and the remote start difficulty. I wonder if the two problems are connected. Maybe some material in the body is not the best to allow sending/receiving signals.

·
Registered
80 Posts
In Detroit last year they showed the new Quattroporte only. The first presentation of the Ghibli was in Shanghaj in April. They started to produce it in summer and first deliveries( very little quantities) in Europe in September. In the USA I think that the first cars arrived end of October/ beginning of November.
Satellite radio: in the first 3 days with my car I had only on a corner near my house an interruption of about 15 seconds. I don't know if our DAB in Europe is different than in the USA.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts